Chapter 31: Reveal

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: REVEAL

TIARA'S POV

"Did you invite them?"

Before the Dawsons got the chance to approach us, Senator Harrison Radley had pulled me and Emeric to the side where the guests wouldn't be able to hear our conversation. Despite his calm tone, I could sense the anger he's trying to conceal pulsed on the surface of his question.

"I—"

Emeric pulled me a little to the side so that he could position himself in front of me. "She didn't invite anyone. I was the one who invited the Dawsons."

"Why would—" Tinapunan ako sandali ng tingin ng senator bago siya bumaling sa lalaking anak. "Why would you invite them?"

"They're my friends, and they're Tiara's friends. It's her party. And let's not forget that they're all close to Damian. What's wrong with inviting them?"Emeric looked at the on-going party. "I bet the Dawsons also know a lot of people here."

"That's the problem!" the senator hissed, barely containing himself. "A lot of people here wouldn't be comfortable that they're here. They even brought a journalist."

I found myself taking an involuntary step forward. He's talking about Luna. But before I could speak, I felt Emeric reach for my hand to squeeze it gently, as if to stop me from doing anything. "Luna Dawson is a journalist, but I doubt she cares about any of these people here. I heard she tried focusing on politics before, but she didn't like it, so she changed her field. But even if she did care about someone here, I'm pretty sure it would be Tiara. She's not here for anything except to support her friend."

"The Dawsons—"

"Are on the side of the people. It's similar to what those in the government vowed to the public, isn't it, Senator?" Lahat kami ay napatingin sa nagsalita at nakita kong palapit na sa amin si Damian na kanina ay nagkusang puntahan ang mga Dawson nang makita niyang gusto kaming kausapin ng nakatatandang Radley. "They fit perfectly here. Or is there a problem that we don't know about?"

The older man struggled to answer Damian's question. His face went red, but he pressed his lips together to stop himself from saying whatever he wanted to say. Hindi siya umimik sandali at mukhang kinalma muna niya ang sarili niya bago siya muling nagsalita. "Of course not. I was just surprised that they were here. I was expecting that it would just be a small and intimate event, but they are already here, so..." Ipinaskil niya ang pilit na ngiti sa mga labi niya. "It's okay that they're here, I guess."

Small and intimate? I feel like he invited all the members of the three branches of the government.

"I'll let you get back to the party." The senator turned to me and gave me a tight smile. "Go on and enjoy the night, hija. There are a lot of people who want to meet you. Make sure to give attention to them too."