Chapter 32: Tie

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: TIE

TIARA'S POV

I don't know where they are planning to take me. I didn't have the chance to ask. Not when I was so busy replaying in my head everything that happened and all the things that I found out. To say that they were shocking was an understatement.

The car was shrouded in silence until a voice broke the stillness. Muntik pa akong mapatalon sa kinauupuan ko dahil boses babae ang nagsalita samantalang si Jace at Damian lang naman ang kasama ko.

Nang tumingin ako sa nakabukas na ngayong bintana ni Jace ay napakunot ang noo ko nang makita ko na nasa drive thru kami.

"Welcome to Burger King. What can I get you for today?"

"One plant-based whopper with large fries and large coke. Plus one roast coffee," Jace said to the crew.

"Get a burger, Jace. Puro ka kape. Kapag hindi mo itinigil iyan baka ikaw na ang magpakape sa susunod." Naiiling na nilingon ako ni Damian habang si Jace ay naringgan ko na umorder ng sarili niyang burger. "What do you want to eat, Tiara? You can order anything. Para kasing hindi ako matutunawan kanina sa event." He gave me an easy smile. "You don't have to order the same thing as ours. I promised Savannah that I'm going to lay off the meat burgers since I keep eating them when I'm stressed, which is a lot. She can't say no to the plant-based one." He tipped his chin towards the driver's side. "And Jace is just copying me because he's lazy."

In a different scenario, I would have found our situation amusing. I'm in a drive thru with the son of the president, and he's buying a plant-based burger. But here we are in real life, where he's not the only child of the president right here in this car.

I can feel my insides clenching at the thought, which made me shake my head in answer to Damian's question. "I don't think I can eat."

He stared at me for a moment, and he sighed after awhile before turning to Jace. "Get her some nuggets and water."

Bumuka ang bibig ko para tumanggi pero nang bumaling sa akin si Damian ay itinikom ko na lang ang mga iyon. There's a firmness in his gaze that tells me that he's not going to allow me to say no.

"I'm sorry, but I made a promise to Domino. He said I need to feed you, or he's going to tell Sav that I'm having an affair." Kaagad niyang dinugtungan ang sinabi niya nang makita niya ang reaksyon na bumalatay sa mukha ko. "With Jace." He let out a breath, and he scratched his head with a sheepish smile on his face. "Probably not a good time to joke about something like that, huh?"

I shrugged, and he responded with an apologetic smile. Umandar na ang sasakyan at sa kasunod na window ng drive thru ay nakuha na namin kaagad ang mga pagkain. Despite the situation, I couldn't help but feel amazed. Sa pagkakatanda ko kasi ay parang ito ang unang beses na nakadaan ako sa ganitong klase ng lugar.