Chapter 40: Project

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER FORTY: PROJECT

TIARA'S POV

Domino turned off the engine, but none of us made a move to get out of the car. Nanatili lang akong nakatingin sa harapan ko kahit na wala naman akong nakikita ro'n dahil lumilipad sa ibang bagay ang utak ko.

I would have stared at the windshield for ages if my attention wasn't reverted by Domino's touch. Marahang pinisil niya ang kamay ko pero imbis na hawakan lang iyon ay bahagya niya akong hinila palapit sa kaniya.

I didn't fight back, and instead, I let him pull me over the driver seat. Umupo ako sa kandungan niya at kaagad na isinubsob ko ang mukha ko sa leeg niya. I felt his soft sigh against my skin while his hand moved in a soothing, up-and-down motion along my back.

"How about we stop this, doll? He's not worth it. Kahit sila Damian hindi niya hinaharap. What he's doing doesn't reflect on you. He's—"

"He's a spineless coward! That's what he is." I straightened up, my face scrunching up in anger. It's the third time that we went to Camp Crame to pay Thomas Salazar a visit, but it's also been the third time that he turned us away. "I don't know why I'm even trying."

"Because you're a good person."

Pabagsak na sumubsob ako ulit sa kaniya. "That's not it. I just..."

To be honest, I'm really not sure myself. I don't know why I'm trying. Even Damian and Emeric don't want to go visit him anymore. Lalong lalo na si Emeric na mas pinupuntahan pa si Harrison Radley na sa mahabang panahon ay inakalang totoong anak siya nito. Until now. Now the world knew the complicated stories of our births.

"Harrison Radley might have done a lot of questionable things, and he might not have been the kind of father that the child version of me wanted, but he never doubted that I was his, even if, in the end... I really wasn't. So if I get to choose between him and the president, I would rather be turned away by him because I am a reminder of his wife's infidelity than be turned away by a man who never wanted me."

That's what Emeric told me one time that he called. He visited the president once with Damian, but when the older man refused to see them, Emeric decided not to go anymore.

It was really messed up. Damian grew up with a father who wanted him to be exactly like the president. He said that it's like nothing he does is ever enough. Emeric, on the other hand, grew up with a father who wasn't really his father.

And then there's me. The one that has just fragments of memories of him.

"You tried." Domino tugged my chin up so I wouldn't have a choice but to meet his eyes. "Even if he doesn't deserve it, you gave him chance after chance."

I didn't say anything. I don't think there's anything left to say, because he's right. I have tried, even if I didn't need to. I tried to reach out to him, when he never did. I tried to let him have a chance to explain, but until the end, he refused to give me any.