Chapter 22: Paper

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: PAPER

TIARA'S POV

I caught sight of my reflection in the hotel's floor-to-ceiling mirror. I'm wearing a long A-line dress that is a gradient mix of midnight blue and black. It's glitter tulle gives a beautiful accent to the base color of the gown, looking like twinkling stars scattered on a dark night sky. It has short drop-off shoulder sleeves and a sweetheart neckline with an illusion fabric that creates the illusion of bare skin while providing support and coverage.

"Dochka."

A familiar set of arms wrapped around me. I murmured my greeting to my mother, who pushed me a little to look at me up and down. Just like me, she's wearing a formal dress. The only difference was that hers was a tight-fitting gold-colored dress. She looks like she's going to attend an awards party rather than a birthday party.

"Why didn't you wear the dress I sent you?" she asked quietly so only I could hear, her lips barely moving. "And why is your hair down?"

She sent me a red gown that will make me look like I'm going to attend a party that is intended for myself. If I were eighteen. It was big and loud, and everything about it shows a great difference from the image they've been cultivating for me for years.

"Tiara!"

I was swept away from my mother's arms, and I was enveloped in a hug by less familiar arms. Nang mag-angat ako ng tingin ay nakita ko na si Belaya ang may yakap sa akin. There's something behind her eyes that tells me that she's up to something. They. Because if she's already here, there's a possibility that the rest are here too.

"I knew that dress would look good on you. My Tita Storm would be so happy once I told her that you wore it." Matamis ang ngiti na binalingan niya ang ina ko na pabalik-balik ang tingin sa aming dalawa. "Her dress was a creation of Storm Scott. It's the only one in the world. My aunt planned to put it together with the other dresses she made for a fashion show in Paris last year, but she didn't feel like it was right for the theme. I saw the dress when I visited her, and I thought that it was perfect for Tiara. Even the size seems like it was made exactly for her."

I didn't know that. Belaya just showed up with her husband one day at the castle to show me the dress. I fell in love with it at first sight. It was simple with the right amount of flare. It might not feel as ostentatious as the dress my mother wanted for me, but it's not something to be ignored either. It's just that instead of the dress taking away the spotlight like the red dress would, the one I'm wearing has elegance that makes the wearer shine more.

"Oh, sorry." Inilahad ni Belaya ang kamay niya sa ina ko. "I'm Belaya Dawson. Award-winning actress and heiress."

I heard Domino, who was standing behind me, let out a chuckle. Maging ako ay kinailangan pigilan ang sarili kong ngiti sa paraan ng pagpapakilala ni Belaya sa sarili niya. She said it with confidence and without a hint of embarrassment.