Chapter 24: Close

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: CLOSE

TIARA'S POV

I put an arm on my face to cover my eyes as I lay on the cold floor of the glass house. I've been in here for hours since we came back from the meeting at Dagger to discuss the letter that I received.

They don't want to disregard the possibility that this is just a trap. They want to make sure that the meet will happen without problems and that my safety won't be compromised. Their priority is my security, and it's not something I'm going to complain about. Even if it's about my estranged father.

Inalis ko ang braso ko sa mukha ko at kinapa ko kung saan ko ipinatong ang cellphone ko. Inangat ko iyon at napabuntong-hininga na lang ako nang makita ko na wala pa rin akong bagong text message na natatanggap.

I've been waiting for my mother to reply to what felt like a thousand other messages I have sent her after she replied to just one, telling me that she'll talk to me when she's not angry anymore. Hindi niya rin sinasagot ang tawag ko.

Tinawagan ko na rin ang manager ko. Naomi confirmed that she had talked to my mother. She's also the one who booked a flight for her. Gusto raw mag de-stress ng ina ko dahil sa akin na para bang wala akong rason nitong mga nakaraan para maramdaman din iyon. No matter how beautiful this safe house is, it's not like I'm here for a vacation.

"Why now?" I whispered to myself.

Kung bakit naman kasi ngayon pa niya napiling magbakasyon. This is not something that is uncommon when it comes to my mother. She always does this. She goes wherever she wants to go and spends my money. Magugulat na lang ako na nakabalik na siya dahil hindi bababa sa dalawang linggo ang pagkawala niya.

When she goes on vacation, I consider it mine too. There was one time that she went on a luxury cruise, and she was gone for three months. She rarely contacts me, and if she does, it's only because she could remind me not to slack off with training. Not that I ever did.

Muli akong nagpakawala ng buntong-hininga. I don't know how long she'll be gone this time. According to the date in the letter that I received, I'm about to meet my father in less than a month. She'll be furious once she finds out that I met up with him without telling her.

"Even though it wouldn't be my fault that she doesn't know," I hissed.

Inabot ko ang barre na nasa itaas ko at kumapit ako roon para bumangon mula sa pagkakahiga ko. I was about to do exactly that when I noticed something carved on the handrail.

He didn't...

Hindi masyadong kita iyon dahil nasa ilalim na parte iyon. I traced the wood with the pad of my finger, and I blinked in surprise when I realized that I wasn't imagining things.