Chapter 13

"Princess, are you alright?"

Inside the small carriage, Annora was leaning on the window with her eyes shut.

Looking at Annora's furrowed brows and pale face while she was asleep, Eira couldn't hold on anymore. It has been more than fifteen days since they left the royal capital and they have been moving forward without stopping.

Even if the Grand Duke wants to reach Emerade as soon as possible, they cannot treat peope like animals. They have been travelling day and night and only stopping to eat once in a while.

Eira was very aggrieved but she could not say anything as Annora had stopped her. But now looking at her Lady's sick appearance, Eira did not want to stay quiet.

Eira opened the window of the horse carriage and looked outside."Please stop the carriage."

The guard walking beside the carriage heard the voice and noticed the window opening and walked over to speak to Eira.

"Lady, what's the matter?"

"Please stop the carriage. The Princess is very sick and she cannot hold on for long. Please relay my words to the Grand Duke and ask him to find a doctor for her Highness."

The guard was a little surprised hearing that the Princess was sick and hesitated for a while before walking over to talk to the other guards.

A few minutes later, a knight appeared in front of the carriage and asked the coachman to stop the carriage.

Eira thought for a second before quickly recognising the person. He was Grand Duke Winston's personal guard who always followed him. He seemed to be called Lucan.

"Lady, is the Princess alright? Can we help you with something?"

He had a tall and sturdy figure and slightly tanned skin with a long scar stretching from the side of his ear to his neck.His penetrating gaze and cold tone could make a person tremble with fear. It was clear at a glance that he thought of them as a nuisance.

But Eira was not a shy and timid little girl who had not seen the world. Working in the royal palace of Albelone for years and then surviving in the harsh and cold village with Annora for ten years, Eira was mature beyond her age.

It could be said that even if she had to face ten armed men at once, she could still maintain her calm and think of ways to deal with them. But...She would only loose her composure in front of Annora.

To Eira, Annora was more than a master and a Princess. She was her family...her sister...the person she cares about the most...and the only person she would do anything for.

Eira's father was a gambler who left her and her mother and ran away taking all their money and savings when she was six.

After that, her mother raised her and her brother brother alone until that tragic day when her mother was killed along with the Queen and other servants. Her brother was nowhere to be found and before she could even search from him, they were sent to the borderlands.

She had already lost all her blood relatives and it could be said that she no family...no loved ones. So all these years she had considered Annora has her loved one...her family.

She has done all she could do and will do everything she can in the future to help her Princess, because she knew...she knew how painful it is to loose our loved one's.

Eira looked at Annora who was fast asleep. Probably she was really exhausted.

"Sir Lucan, I know we are short on time and suddenly stopping is delaying everyone...but I cannot wait any longer. This matter is related to the Princess' health and I believe that the Grand Duke will also be worried if something happens to the Princess. It might also create unwanted delay in the journey if the Princess is not cared for in time."