Chapter 6

Winters in Corholt and in the nearby estates are usually very cold and harsh.

Though it rarely snowed here, the cold wind during the night were enough to freeze a person and people could be barely seen outside during late nights.

However, the cold wind didn't seem to effect the man standing at the edge of the mountain cliff.

A normal person would be very afraid to even stand a few meters away from the edge, but this person was oblivious to it.

This fearless man was no one else but Adrian. After talking to Osvyn, Adrian seemed to have come very far from the army camp.

If a person is not familiar with this mountain, it would be very difficult for one to find him.

But he felt that it was good that no one could find him. Adrian wanted to be alone for a while where nobody can see him, not even his best friend, Osvyn.

It was not that he did not like his company, but it was more like he was just a little tired and so wanted to be away from people.

He had already taken off his armour and helmet and seemed to want to take a rest.

He turned around and walked to a place where the ground was clean and lay on the ground without caring about the dirt. At this moment one could not say that he was a noble, but he seemed more like a commoner.

He looked towards the sky which was covered with clouds, but the moon and the stars were faintly visible.

Since his childhood, Adrian had always liked looking at the night sky, especially the moon.

There was no special reason for it but Adrian just felt envious of the moon.

And if one asks what is the similarity between them, then he would say 'There are countless number of stars in the sky which accompany the moon....but in this huge world, he has no one to accompany him...to love him...to care for him.'

"Maybe...I'm really an unlucky person who doesn't deserve a home." he muttered slowly as if mocking himself.

He did not say anything else but his gloomy eyes could not conceal the pain and sadness hidden deep in his heart.

............

The Royal Palace of Albelone.

In the dining hall of the royal palace, King Derek was seated on the main chair with Queen Rowena and Elric beside him, and few of the enovys of Emerade along with Grand Duke Winston also sat together for lunch. frowned when he saw the chair where Annora was supposed to sit, was still empty.

Rowena who noticed his line of sight, smiled and said "Your majesty, I think, we should start with the lunch now...Annora might not come. I had already sent her the message through my maid yesterday night after the banquet, that you want to have lunch together with her, but looking at the time now, she might not come anymore."

Elric quickly understood his mother's intensions and followed along as he said in a low voice, "Father, during yesterday's banquet, I could see that Annora was not happy with this marriage alliance. "

Hearing this, King Derek was extremely displeased in his heart, but still tried to remain calm as the guests were still present here. It would not be good to show his anger at this moment.

Just as he was thinking about what to say to Grand Duke Winston regarding Annora's absence, he heard someone speaking.

"Your Majesty, it seems like Princess Annora does not wish to have lunch with us. "

The one who said this was none other than Grand Duke Winston.

King Derek did not know how to answer him, when Queen Rowena suddenly said "Grand Duke, you are thinking too much. It's not the Annora does not want to come, but her maid just informed me that, Annora has fallen sick and is resting in her room. "

When the other envoys heard this, they did not believe it but still smiled and said " Ah, so it's like this. Then the Princess must take a good rest and recover sooner. After all, she will marry the Grand Duke soon and will have to travel a long distance to Emerade for the wedding. It is not good if the bride is sick before her wedding."

"Of course, that is a must. Grand Duke, please do not worry. I will personally go and visit Annora later...and make sure she recovers quickly before you leave for Emerade." Queen Rowena smiled as she said this.

She thought it would be best if Annora could leave Albelone as quickly as possible. These envoys seem to be in a hurry to go back to their country.

"That would be the best then. We would like to depart in a month's time, since the road is long and it would take much longer to travel to the capital in winter. Moreover we should also make proper arrangements for the Princess and Grand Duke's wedding once we reach the capital" another envoy chimed in as he chuckled happily.

Elric also laughed along and said "It seems like the Grand Duke is very eager to marry our Annora sooner and cannot wait to make her his wife. Our Princess is really a lucky one to have such a loving husband."

The atmosphere at the dining table turned to joyful as everyone enjoyed their lunch and no one mentioned about Annora not being present anymore.

King Derek also smiled and his previous anger also disappeared as he happily conversed with the envoys of Emerade.

And the protagonist of their conversation, Annora, who was said to be sick and resting in her room was currently sitting inside a bakery in the capital as she stared at the man who was wearing the uniform of a servant and seemed to be buying pastries for his master .

The servant paid the amount and was leaving the shop when he was suddenly stopped by a tall and masculine man "Ivan, please come along with me. My lady wishes to speak to you."