32

The camera's flashed as soon as Nicole got out of her car. She hung her head low and rushed towards the hospital entrance. When she was inside, she took off her sunglasses and sighed in relief. All eyes were on her as she walked to the reception desk.

"I'm here to see Y/N Y/L/N" Nicole said to the nurse, who just held up a finger and told her to wait in the waiting room.

"Good morning, Pat!" A man walked past the front desk. Nicole didn't pay attention to him until the nurse called out his name.

"This rich white girl is here to see your daughter"

Daughter? Nicole was shocked, but the man already came over to shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N's Dad" he said, before pointing to the nurse. "Don't mind Pat. She's kidding"

"It's okay. I-"

"Next time, don't show up to a hospital in a fancy car. This isn't a runway" Pat said, looking Nicole up and down.

"Are you a friend of Y/N?"

"Yeah" Nicole nodded. "My name is Nicole"

"Call me Y/D/N" he said, before looking down a long corridor. "Follow me. I'll show you her room"

Nicole thanked him and the nurse, but Pat didn't seem impressed as she gave Nicole a side eye until she was gone. "Pat says things like that all the time, but she's nice"

"Do you know all the nurses here?"

"Some" he shrugged. "I've been here with her for a week. There's nothing to do but talk to the nurses"

"Y/N is lucky...to have a supportive Dad like you.."

Your Dad smiled and thanked her. "Her boyfriend is great too. He's been here every night since he got back from Paris"

"He's...a YouTuber, right?"

"Yeah" her dad nodded, but then doubt overtook his expression. "Did you get that on the news or-"

"No, no. I know both of them" Nicole said, twisting the ring on her finger.

"Oh" he nodded. "I don't keep up with the news, but my wife does. She told me what people are saying about Y/N and it breaks my heart. I can't read them, you know? It hurts knowing I can't protect my little girl"

Nicole only gave him a smile.

"What model is your car?"

His question caught her by surprise. "Uh..it's an Audi R8"

"Wow" he said, widening his eyes. "Are you famous like Matt?"

"No" she lied, laughing.

"That's a nice car you have"

"Thank you"

"I'm saving up to get Y/N a new car, but I think Matt is planning on getting her one. She'll probably be mad because she hates getting things for free"

Listening to him talk about his daughter with so much love, made Nicole happy and sad at the same time. She was happy that men like him still existed. But she was sad because she's never had that.

Nicole's father was a nightmare. Her Mom died when she was a kid and she had to live with a cold hearted man who called her names. Nicole grew up thinking she was exactly what those words told her to be.

She envied you for everything you had. A great dad. A normal life. And a guy who treated you with respect and picked you over everything. Nicole would kill to have that.