28

Matt: FaceTime?

Bambi: I thought you were going out?

Matt: plans got cancelled

Bambi: :(

Matt: are you still with the girls?

Matt; I want to see you

Bambi: no, I got home an hour ago. One sec

Matt lay back on his bed and his heart was beating like a drum. What would he say? How should he start? He mentally prepared a script on the way back to the hotel, but he'd forgotten it all.

He couldn't forgive Nicole for what she did. But what about himself? Could he forgive himself? You might've kept a secret from him, but he owed you an apology. It was sad that you had to convince him everything was fine.

His face twitched as FaceTime rang and he accepted the call, only greeted by a black screen.

"Turn on your camera"

"I have a surprise for you"

"A surprise?" Matt was even more confused when he heard shuffling in the background. "What are you up to?"

You finally moved your hand away from the camera and stepped back, giving Matt the full view of the blue dress you were wearing.

"This is my bridesmaid's dress. I want you to be the first to see it on"

"Jesus..." he mumbled, smiling so big that his face hurt.

Words couldn't describe how beautiful you looked right now. The dress contrasted your bare face and messy hair, but it intensified your beauty.

You looked straight into the webcam as you fixed the straps and stepped closer to show him the lace detail on the bodice. You told him you had to get it tailored two sizes down because you were too thin. But Matt was too busy staring to pay attention to what you were saying.

"You're perfect" he almost sounded breathless.

His comment made you blush and you couldn't stop smiling.

"Do I look like a princess?" You asked, giving him a twirl.

"You do"

"And your my prince" you jokingly did a curtsy to him.

"You shouldn't be allowed at the wedding, you'll take the attention away from the brides"

You rolled your eyes and sat down on your spinning chair. The Nicole problem was still on his mind, and he was still mad, but this wasn't the time to talk about it. You were excited, and he didn't have the heart to take it from you.

Matt smiled, "maybe I'll show up as a guest and steal the attention from you"

You laughed, assuming he was kidding. For someone who owned a lot of houses, Matt wasn't as free as most people would think.

But a wise man once said, "there's no problems, only solutions"

And Matt may have found the perfect solution.

The next morning, everyone wondered if something happened to him the night before. He was talking to everyone and cracking jokes. Laura even told him, "keep up with that attitude and today might be your lucky day"

He hoped she was right, but so far, his day was average. It was thinking about what he would do after finishing work that kept him motivated.

Being around Nicole might be the only challenge of today. It wouldn't have been so hard if she didn't send him flowers and a note saying she was sorry. Their issues were bigger than that and too much for him, so just like those flowers, he tossed them in the trash.