24

Luke and Nicole had never been friends. They met through the triplets and hung out a few times in a big group, but that was it. After all, she made his best friend go through hell for months. There was no way he could forgive her, or do her a favour. But here she was.

"It's important" she protested, but he was smart enough not to be fooled.

"I'm not talking to Matt for you, Nicole. Go home"

Quickly, she put her foot in the doorway to stop Luke from locking her out. "Do you know he's been snooping around with your girlfriend? That girl, Y/N. I saw them kissing this morning"

Luke rolled his eyes and put his hand on his hip. "Y/N and I broke up, she can do whatever she wants" he said with a straight face. "Thanks for coming, but I think your wasting both our time"

"What is wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?"

Nicole scoffed. "Aren't you upset she got with your best friend the minute you broke up?"

Luke laughed. "Who are you to tell me how to feel?" He asked, squinting his eyes at her. "These are my relationships and my friends, it's nothing to do with you. Go home, Nicole. I had a long day and I don't need you to make it worse"

"Are you listening to yourself?" Nicole cried, not giving up. "You and Matt, both of you might have been fooled by that little girl, but I know. She's a gold digger! Why else would she get back in touch with him after all those years? Where was she?"

"She was in Boston, waiting for him to come back!"

Nicole's jaw dropped as Luke continued, "if you didn't have to wait that long to finally be with the one you've loved since you were a kid, then you have no right to act like you loved him more"

"Wait-"

"Leave. Before I call the police"

And just like that, he slammed the door in her face.

~

"Say something.." you sighed, gripping the phone. You knew this wasn't a good way to deliver news, but the internet connection wasn't working. The longer you held off this conversation with Alanna, the more nervous you'd become and you didn't want Alanna to find out from anyone else.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything" you replied. "Tell me I'm wrong and that I'm making a mistake"

"I don't know that"

"Then why are you angry!?"

"I'm not" Alanna replied, but you thought she was being sarcastic. "If you believes he loves you, then so do I. I don't know Matt or your relationship as much as you do, so I respect whatever choice you already made"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

When Alanna laughed, you felt relieved. "Thank you" you laughed, happily. "I guarantee this won't be like last time"

"Good, you two better not fuck this up, at least not before my wedding"

Shit

"You're taking him, right?"

"Are...are you and Jess okay with that?" You let out a nervous laugh. "I mean..you said friends and family only, and Matt's not-"

"Of course it's okay! Jess is excited to meet him and that's not even sarcasm. She's a big fan of his videos" Now you felt lucky you weren't on a video call because you wouldn't have been able to hide your feelings. But, you didn't want to ask Matt to be your date.