8.

Matt knew everything was too good to be true when he got home after the kiss. It just turned out to be the calm before the storm.

Maybe you were the storm.

Maybe that's why storms are named after people.

For three days, Matt didn't hear a word from you. You ignored his calls and texts. You acted like he wasn't there, and he was afraid to go see you in person. You were unpredictable. Part of him knew it was best to stay away, but the other half of him missed you.

That was how he ended up at your door at two in the morning after getting a text from you that read, 'please come over' and he didn't hesitate.

When you opened the door, you were wearing baggy pyjamas, but you looked like you enjoyed the comfort. He didn't need to ask to know you were a little drunk. Without saying anything, you closed the door when he went inside and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I missed you" you whispered, making him feel weak. He finally lifted his hands to place them on your back, pulling you closer.

"Then why did you ignore me?" He asked, wondering if you could make out the sadness in his voice. But he assumed you were too drunk to notice.

But you weren't as drunk as you thought. You had a few drinks, but you knew what you were doing. The alcohol gave you the courage to text him.

How could you tell him you woke up the next morning after your birthday and regretted everything from the night before? How could you explain being scared of how happy you were with him? You couldn't.

"We're bad for each other" you finally said.

"Maybe" he replied. "Maybe not"

You slowly pulled away and met his eyes. You could feel that was killing him as much as it was killing you. "I can't think straight around you" you admitted. "I wanted to stop seeing you. I was going to text to say goodbye..but I couldn't. I can't stay away-"

"Then don't" Matt cut you off. Apparently, it wasn't just you that couldn't think straight. He cupped your face, wanting to kiss you again, but he remembered what you said on the night of your birthday and knew that he wasn't allowed to do it. "I don't want you to"

"How do you feel about me?" She asked, followed by a small laugh. "Am I still a little kid to you, Matt?"

Matt shook his head, mumbling the word 'no', which made you smile.

"You're so fucked up" you laughed, making him laugh as well.

"You're the one who drunk texted me to come over"

"Maybe we're both fucked up"

"Maybe.." Matt took a deep breath and leaned in, brushing his nose against your cheek. Your cheeks were reader then before, and why did he find it loveable?

"You aren't allowed to kiss me, remember?"

"Not even on the cheek?"

"Not even on the cheek"

He believed you knew what you were doing when you bit your lip, staring at his. You asked him to stay the night, which seemed like a simple request, but Matt saw the warning signs. Matt turned a blind eye to them and said yes.

In the darkness of the small bedroom, you lay side by side, staring at each other.

"I said I missed you" you spoke up, smiling at him.

"I heard you"

"You didn't say it back"

"I didn't?" He smirked and you playfully hit his arm and rolled your eyes. "I missed you" he mumbled.