4.

"We need to talk. Now"

"Now?"

"Now"

"I don't think so"

Matt and Luke both turned to you, and you had your hands on your hips, looking at them both. You didn't know what was going on, but you refused to be left out from whatever these two had going on. Without glancing at Luke again, you grabbed Matt's wrist and this was the first time Matt saw you fuming with rage.

"We need to talk" you told him. "Excuse us, Luke"

"I'll go...wait by the car" Luke said, glancing at Matt before walking away to give you and him privacy. Once you were sure he was gone far enough, you turned back to Matt.

"What the fuck?" You scoffed, widening your eyes at him.

"Language"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Never mind then, Matt thought as he swallowed hard. "Why are so you being rude to my date?"

"Because he's not just your date. He's my best friend" Matt said, pointing to Luke, who was on his phone and not paying attention to you.

"How the fuck could I know he was your friend?" You swung your arms in the air, and Matt knew you would only use this much body language when you were pissed off.

"I don't understand, Matt..." you stomped your feet, just like you would as a kid. Matt didn't know why he suddenly thought of that while you were yelling at him now. "You should be happy because he's your best friend! At least we both know he's a nice guy!"

Now that you pointed it out, Matt didn't understand either. Luke was a nice guy. He should be happy for you, and Luke too. Why was he mad? He had no reason, but he couldn't help but feel that way.

"He's older than you" he blurted out. As soon he said those words, he could guess your reaction. Your eyes could pop out of their sockets if you kept staring at him like that.

"So? I hooked up with guys older than you and Luke"

Matt dropped his jaw, but no sound came out. He watched you catch your breath, before asking, "have you slept with him?"

"No" you said, lowering your voice. "Even if I did, you'd have no right to say anything. I'm not a kid anymore. Maybe I am in your eyes, but to him, I'm a grown woman who makes her own choices" you stared at him and took a deep breath. "I'll be with whoever I want as long as they make me happy. You should respect that"

You were looking at him, and he was staring at his feet. Matt knew you were right, but the feeling in his chest was still there.

"I'm going now. See you some other time" you said, attempting to leave, and once again he held back your hand.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled, loud enough for you to hear. "Let me know when you get home, okay?"

You forced a smile and nodded your head. When you pulled your hand away and walked towards your date, Matt felt empty inside.

~

You didn't own a lot of toys because your parents were too busy to get you new ones, so yours were dirty and broken. That was why on your tenth birthday, when you got a grey stuffed bunny from your grandma, you treasured it so much. It became your new best friend.

Matt came over on day and saw the stuffed bunny on your bed. He picked it up, but you didn't let him hold it because, "your hands are dirty. Mr Bunny doesn't like dirty hands"

"Mr Bunny" the twelve year old laughed. "That's a lame name!"

"I don't know what else to call him"