Chapter 14: Eclipse》

Chapter 14: Eclipse

Briefly on Infinity -

We've been treading in the wilderness for a long time working our way to the mountain, practically we're racing to witch mountain

~~~~

"If the maps right," Alex began, "There are several service tunnels spreading outward." "Alright, let's go blow this popsicle stand!"

I heard Sara gasp I spun around to see her softly say Jack's name then collapse, not moving. "Sara!" I was about to go to her aide when I felt what seems to be a wasp sting on the side of my neck. I clutched the spot and felt myself get woozy. Black dots filled my vision and felt my body give out on me.

~~~~

Burke takes off his shades. "They are home, Dr. Friedman." He responded coldly in a I don't care kind of way,
"They are now in my custody."

Alex repeated the word 'custody"' in disgust. "You can't expect to keep them prisoners and get away with it. They have rights, they're childre-"

He interrupted her. "They're illegal aliens on U.S. soil, without so much as a passport The Patriot Act enables me to detain them for as long as necessary wait...huh...where's the other one." "She was shot," one of his crew told. "She's probably already dead."

"And you're saying that Katriona is illegal to? She's not an-" He interrupted her once again. "She is fraternizing with them and was seen communicating with the creature without even opening her mouth, and since she's probably eliminated I'm not going to fuss over it." "You can't keep this quiet. The world has the right to know they exist,"

~~~~
"You're not going to get away this, mark my words." "Oh, I already have."

○○ 3rd. POV. ○○
In the mountain Henry Burke, entered the control tower that has view of the facility and spoke on the intercom. "How soon until the subjects are ready?"

Below in the chamber with glass walls, a man wearing a white hazard suit looked up from prepping the two teens who are knocked out, restrained to two lab tables and are both dressed in a white long sleeved V-neck cotton top, white cotton pants, white cotton socks and white tenni shoes with breathing tubes on their faces. "They're heavily sedated. Minimal med tests proceeding within fourth-eight to seventy-two hours." "Unacceptable. Commence the procedure."

"We don't know about there systems yet," the guy said, "Any sudden change in their bodies could immediately terminate them both."

"You can't just kill them." Another guy in the hazard suit commented.

Burke who has his back turned to them. "Mr. Pop." He walks back over to the window. "You would do well not to forget what our mission is. Our orders come from Washington and Washington wants answers to some very complex questions. Our goal is to provide those answers. Now, if you are doubting your ability...." "No..sir." You can tell he and the others don't want to go through with it. "Very good, now commence the tests."

○○ Seth's POV. ○○
Painless. That's what it feels like.

Quick and painless.

I found myself on the ground in a dark colorful foggy forest much like the one back at the shack except it wasn't underground it was more realistic like I was back at home with the night starry sky looking back at me and the moon was a reddish color. This must be what being dead looks like. Getting up off the ground I explored the scenery.

Images of my life flashes in the fog around from the day me and Sara were born through childhood to the day we crash landed on Earth to meeting Katriona and Jack Bruno for the first time, falling in love with Katriona to the part where she almost died.

"Don't you close your eyes on me Katriona!" I saw myself running holding my nearly unconscious mate in my arms, freaking out. "Don't you dare die on me!"

I looked away not wanting to relive that again and stood stock still as the view around me began to change. The stars vanished and the moon phased into a lunar eclipse casting down its scarlet red glow giving the trees an eerie silhouette. It looked like something out of a nightmare.

The hairs on the back stood up as I felt a presence behind, turning I made out a dark shadowy mist with glowing crimson eyes. It looked demonic.

"I am the Siphon and I am coming for you,
I am the Siphon and you will come to me,
I am the Siphon and you will obey
I am the Siphon and you have nowhere to hide,
I am the Siphon and you are going to die!"

The chanting echoed repeatedly all around me, I clutched my head. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

And just like that the shadowy figure dispersed along with the rest of the world.

○○3rd POV. ○○
Jack and Alex managed to lurk their way into the lab disguised as workers in hazmat suites since the staff got distracted by the blaring alarms and knocked out the lab techs. Alex took off her mask like helmet and started messing with the anesthesia machine while Jack tried to wake the two teens up. "What is it?" He asked.

"It's some sort of anesthetic that's keeping them sedated." She responded. "Can you fix it?" "I don't know I can try." "The locks are to strong." Jack said trying to pry the locks open. "I can't get them to budge." Alex switched out the tubes and connected them to Oxygen. Seth gasped and used his abilities to free himself from the locks. "Seth," Alex said relieved helping him sit up. "It's ok, it's ok."

The locks on Sara opened by themselves. She opened her eyes and smiled at Jack.
~~~~
The gang vamoosed off down one of the dark tunnels that leads to where their ship is held.

Jack peaked through a window and unlocked the door. Seth out his device. "It's over there." He said pointing in the direction it reads. Making sure the coast is clear, they went into a spacious room and waited for one of the scientists to pass them then snuck on up to the top of the stairs and in the center of the spacious room is the magnificent spaceship. "Holy cow." Amazed by the sight and size of the craft. "Now what?" There's no away they can just stroll on out without being seen. "Ok, here's the plan I'll distract them while you all get into the ship-" "Or." "Hey, hey!" Jack hissed as Alex went down to business.

"What is she doing?" Seth whispered. He shrugged. "You got me."

Donning a lab coat to look professional, the woman proceeded to a couple scientists. "Excuse me! Do you not hear the alarms going off? Alarms means evacuate!" "Who are you?" One of the scientists asked. "Who am I....who am I?! I am your worst nightmare and Court Martial Order! Now you either do as you're told, or I will have no choice but to report you to Henry Burke for disobeying his orders. It's your funeral, so choose wisely."

Now that got them scared.

"Yes mam."

"Y-yes sir, I mean mam." Both men scurried on out with tails tucked between their legs.

"What a bunch of wusses." Jack muttered though impressed with Alex.

Once the room was cleared, Seth went over and placed his device onto the bottom side the spacecraft and powered it up. The door unlatched and opened with a wide beam of light casted stretched outwards forming some sort of bridge leading up to the craft. As the gang were setting out to leave, a sound of a gun loading stopped them midway.

"Thank you, we were having a hard time figuring that part."