Chapter 2- Car Chase 》

Chapter 2 - Car Chase

While he is driving, I leaned my head against the window and scrolled through my playlist and switched to another song

While he is driving, I leaned my head against the window and scrolled through my playlist and switched to another song. I sensed there was someone other than the driver in this vehicle. Slowly but surely, I turned my head to my left and jumped a little when I saw a boy and a girl who looks my age sitting right next to me....
○○Katriona's POV. ○○

I blinked.

My eyes still on the two passengers who are now looking at me. The girl has sky blue eyes, her light neutral honey hair that goes down to the mid of her back. She is wearing a mint green colored top with a field jacket over it, beige pants and black combat boots.

The boy on the other hand has the same eye and hair color as the girl cladded in a rustic brown t-shirt with a green hooded jacket, jeans and tenni shoes. He has a strong jaw and by the look of his body is well built and dare I say handsome.

Questions filled my head, pausing my music and taking my earbuds out. I swear I did not recall the cab stopping for anyone or hearing the door open. So how in the world did they get in without us noticing?

"How'd you get in here?" Was the first thing that came to mind.

"Huh-" Jack Bruno checked the rear view mirror now seeing the extra passengers. He slammed on his brakes and turned to us his eyes looking the two over. "W-where'd you come from?" He questioned confused as I am.

The boy sitting opposite of me next to the window responded in a formal posh like accent. "O-outside."

"We noticed." I said at the same time Jack put in.

"Yea, I figured that part out on my own. How'd you get in the car?"

The two pointed outside. "Through that portal."

I looked out the window. "Portal, what portal?" I don't see any portal other than the car door if that counts.

"I'm Seth and this is my sister Sara," the boy called Seth introduced himself and his sister, "We require you to use your transportation services immediately."

"Really?" Jack put, "Well I require-"

Sara cut him off. "Currency transaction."

Seth whipped out a mass, chunk of money and showed it to him, "Will this amount suffice?"

My eyes went wide.

Jeez, that's a lot of money.

Jack eyed the money, furrowing his eyebrows."What'd you two do, rob a bank?"

"Or win the lottery?" I added.

"Is this acceptable for you, Jack Bruno?" The girl asked. "How'd you know my name?" She pointed out the card.

"If we have a deal for your services, we must move forward rapidly." The boy told him seriously in a formal manner. "It's urgent we get to our destination without delay."