Chapter 10: Meeting Dr. Alex Friedman》

○○Katriona's POV.○○
Thank goodness we finally made it back to Vegas! Once we pulled up to the entrance of Planet Hollywood casino and we all piled out of the cab this what relief must feels Iike from being stuck in a vehicle for a long time feels like. Pure relief. I never want to take a cab again.

"Hey," Jack approached a valet, "I need you to keep the cab close and give the dog some water and uh," Junkyard barks at him. "Give him a meaty treat." Giving the man a pat on back the back me, Sara then followed him inside the fancy building and up the escalator with me behind her then Seth. My mind flashed back to this morning when we were getting ready to go I went out to go wait at the cab where the two were at and overheard them talking about something. I picked up a word connection. When I asked them what there up to they just said nothing and pretended the conversation didn't happen. I didn't push it but am curious on what's so secretive about it.

"Ok, so stay close to me, don't talk to anyone, nice and normal." He instructed.

"Stay cool as a cucumber," I chimed in receiving looks. "Not an actual cucumber."

Along the way we stopped by a stand selling hats advertising the convention and Jack bought a couple pair of hats for the twins to help conceal their identity.

"There," Sara pointed to a sign reading Dr. Alex Friedman name on it with an arrow pointing inside a conference room. Inside I saw a woman on stage next to the podium in a formal attire with neck length dark brown hair with red highlights she turned and saw us coming her direction with a styrofoam cup in hand, "The cattle mutilation lecture doesn't start for an hour. But grab a seat. This place will be packed. It always is." She crushed the cup and threw it into the nearby trash can.

"We're to see you,actually." Jack spoke. "Oh." The woman chuckled stepping down off the stage. "It's Jack Bruno. We met earlier." "We did?" "Cab...airport to hotel...driver." He jogged her memory making hand motions. "Oh, the nonbeliever. What are the odds?" "Is there someplace we can talk?" Dr. Friedman looks behind her then reverted back. "Are the...crowds in here making you queasy uncomfortable?" She teases him. I like this woman already. "Even more private than this." "Look no offense but I'm pretty busy today."

Sara intervened. "She's doubting her thesis on Gliese 581 and Alcubierre's warp drive." Dr. Friedman looked at her with the same look Jack game then when Sara first read Jack's mind. "How did you know that?"

"Oh trust me," I started.

"It gets a lot better."Jack finished.

This will be good.

~~~~

The siblings and I found ourselves watching Jack and Dr. Fieldman squabbling at each other. "Are you insane?" Dr. Fieldman in disbelief. 'I just thought you, of all people would understand and want to help." Jack tried to reason with her. "Why because I'm a nutjob speaking at the UFO convention?" Ouch! Mr. Taxi driver opened his mouth. "Don't answer that!" "I know it sounds really crazy." "Ya think?" She sees Seth and Sara who were next to me messing with her laptop. "Hey, please don't touch that."

Seth picks up the computer, "You captured the image of our trip."

I narrowed my eyes at the image of stars with a smudge.

"The smudge?" Dr. Friedman doubted, "You're telling me you think the smudge is your spaceship?"

"No," Sara quickly replied, "We don't think it's our spaceship." Looks at me then at Seth then back to the lady. "We know it is our spaceship."

Dr. Friedman looks at us like we're crazy. "That's it, I'm out." She went to grab her computer. "If you'll excuse me, I'll grab my laptop...." She gasped as the laptop phased through Seth's hands heading straight to the floor and came to a halt before it did. Sara leisurely brought the laptop rotating it to its normal position and dropped it in her waiting hands.

"Oh by the way. They can also do all this stuff, too." Jack informed her.

Touche.

"Who are you?" Dr. Friedman asked them.

Talking telepathically with one another. "Show her." Sara told her brother.

Show what?

Seth pulled out some object much like his other one except bigger and planted it on the table lighting it up. A miniature glowing Saturn figure popped out and all I see is bright light. When my vision cleared my jaw dropped. No way. Seth's device projected practically the whole solar system like you were really there. I smiled as a shooting star flew past me. "This is so cool." Seth sent a smirk my way. My smile widened. I lifted my hand and watched a comet go digitally through my hand.

Dr. Friedman chuckles covering her mouth having a hard time containing her excitement. "This is....huge." Throws her hands to her sides. "I have so many questions, though you are the answers here standing in front of me." Jack clears his throat telling her message through head movements. "I'm sorry, I'm very excited. W-where are you from?"

A single planet floated over to Sara. She lifted her finger up to it and the planet hovered over it. "Our planet Evalon is three-thousand light-years away from Earth." I stepped closer to study the mysterious planet. It was nearly identical to our planet with white clouds and continents except for minor differences the continents are differently shaped and divided out and the water is more of a lapis color mixed with Fuchsia. "See that land right there," Seth pointed out one of the continents. "That's where we live." "Wow."

"Space travel of such sizable distance-" Dr. Friedman spoke. Seth chimed in. "It's possible using a paradoxical passage in the unbounded-""Wormholes!" She pointed out. "That's it." She laughed. "My presentation at SETI National convention was right! Interstellar travel is possible using wormholes as a shortcut-" "Through space," Me and her finished in unison she grinned at me. "I don't think we met."

"Oh, um," I stuttered. "Katriona Davine."

"Are you..." She trailed off looking at me, Seth and Sara.

I shook my heads. "No, no, I'm just the bonus."

Sara came to my side and looped her arm with mine. "She's our friend." She corrected me.

"And that was my first guess as well," Jack went back to the topic, "The wormholes." Yea, right. Sure. Seeing us not convinced. "Continue, doctor."

"Why did you come to Earth?" Dr. Friedman asked. "Our planet is dying," Sara answered, "Millenia of neglect has rendered our atmosphere unbreathable." "Sounds familiar,"

"Our parents are scientists," Seth explained, "Who have studied Earth's changing climates in just hopes of finding a solution for our planets future."

"Our people's fear began to rise, our parents discovered something our leaders were interested in." Sara added on.

"Your planet makes a suitable living environment for our kind." Seth sayed, "It would be simplest to abandon our dying planet and....occupy yours-"

"We're helping you conquer our own planet?" Jack added.

"Is what this whole trip thing has been about?!" I looked at them feeling hurt and betrayed, warm tears threatening to fall.

I stormed out of the room blocking them all out.