Chapter 7 - A Place Called Stoney Creek 》

Chapter 7- A Place Called Stoney Creek

○○Katriona's POV.○○

It felt like hours ticked by when we entered a place called Stoney Creek. There wasn't much here besides a post office, a gas station and a library.

Jack pulled into an auto repair shop.

"Jack, I'm going to go out for a breather." I told him. He nodded.

Sara let me out on her side. I shimmied on out and walked out of the garage. I squeezed my eyes shut. My anxiety level has gone wacky.

My head is spinning like I'm on a merry - go- round.

My heart racing miles a minute.

'Breathe', I thought. Just breathe.

I did not want to think I'd ever end up in a situation like this, to be riding to survive. Now here I am stuck in the middle of it all with the government after the siblings who number one happen to be aliens. Number two, I thought they were nothing but myths until I learned the truth with my own two eyes and lastly to top it off number three, there's a friggin assassin trying to kill us all. You don't see that everyday.

I always had that feeling that my life would one day change forever. Was this it?

Is it for the better or for the worse?

Maybe both....I don't know.

This is too much to take in.

After paying to get what's left of his vehicle to get repairs, Jack gave the repairman an hour despite how beaten up it is. Me along with the crew walked to a restaurant nearby.

~~~~

"Ok kids sit down," Jack took a seat at the table. Seth, Sara and I did the same scanning the place to make sure we're in the clear. "Let's keep it cool."

Sara broke the silence. "I hope you do not act upon your thought of making a fast break out of the back door of Ray's escaping Stoney Creek, never to look back at us or Kara again." Seth narrowed his eyes at the man giving him a scowl.

"H-how do you know that?" Jack questioned.

"My sister also has the gift of telepathy." Seth answered his question, him and Sara sharing a glance then reverse back to Jack. Still not happy. "She can read the minds of those nearest to her."

"Really." Jack said in a not so obvious tone. "You tell your sister that here, on Earth, reading minds: very rude. Don't do that." He whispered the last part.

The siblings glanced at each other once more then to me which I mirrored back the same look they have.

"Hey guys." a waitress with shoulder length blonde hair wearing a uniform came up to our table placing four glasses of water in front of us, "Welcome to Ray's! My name is Tina and I'm gonna be your server."

"Wow. Look at the three of you." She said while looking at me, Seth and Sara.

"Uh, what do you mean look at them? They look like three ordinary, innocent, all-American kids." Jack stuttered, motioning at us.

'Good job keeping it cool Jack.' I purposely cleared my throat to hopefully steer away from the awkwardness.

"You guys look like you rolled around in a pig pen that's all." Tina said her southern accent slipping off every word.

I snorted a little. "We do look it, do we?"

She giggled along with the twins while Jack just attempted to.