Just The Beginning (Part One)

January 14th 1980
-Regulus Pov-

The Cup

I walked down a dark hallway, and it hit me like a bludger. The dark magic was all around this room. I somehow tricked the goblins, which is beyond me how that happened, but to be fair, Bellatrix is my family and apparently, the goblins are stressed with the war, so here I am.

I opened the door to the vault with a bit of a fight, but what dumbfounded me the most was the room filled with thousands of cups. She must have known I was coming or maybe this was just the regular security. I look around, maybe for an answer or a key that has dumbfounded me just how clever my cousin is. I stood there for ten minutes contemplating what I could do, then it hit me. Why don't I use a spell?

"Accio Hufflepuff Cup," I said. The cup comes flying at me and hits me in the chest, almost making me fall from the impact. I almost shout in excitement that finally something is going well. Till it doesn't.

"Think you're clever, baby cousin?" A shrill voice says from behind me, 'Bellatrix'.

"I think I am rather clever," I said, now turning around.
"Hm, you can't take the cup," she says.

"You wouldn't mind if I took it, would you?" I said in a very sweet tone.

"I would." She says, now drawing her wand. I draw my wand as well, lifting it towards her.

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Give it here." She said loudly. She was already falling for my plan.

"I think I'm good." I shot off a spell a minute after and it hit above Bellatrix.

"Ha, you missed." She laughs with a squeaky sound.

"I haven't," I said right as the room collapsed over her first. I didn't fully think it through, but now I had to find a way out, otherwise this would all be for nothing.

I looked around and saw an opening at the top of the room, but how would I get up there? I looked down and then spotted something wooden.
I could conjure a broom. I picked up the wooden item that was rather long, then shifted the wood into a broom with wandless magic.
I picked up the broom and then got on it fast since the room was slowly crumbling around me and I didn't in particular fancy dying with my cousin's body next to me.
I fly up to the top of the room and look down at the mess that I had caused. Then another thought comes into mind: this will all be worth it once the war is done and we win it. We will win because that's the only option.

~
January 14th 1980
-James Pov-

The Book

"What's the plan? You know this place better than me." I asked Sirius.

"We need to go around back. That's where the weak point is in the protection." Sirius says.

"But that's not the hard part, is it?" I asked.

"Nope, it's what traps lie inside." He replied.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"If all goes as planned, we will get the book and get out," Sirius says.

"And if not, we are captured and probably killed." I said.

"Well, let's hope it's the first because I really don't want to die in Malfoy's home." Sirius says.

"Okay, let's do this." I said, after taking a deep breath.

"Let's do this," Sirius repeated.

Sirius and I walk up behind the house where the weak point is in the shield. I look over at Sirius and he looks at me.