Shovel Talk

Shovel Talk

December 17th 1977
-Regulus Pov-

     Snogging became a regular thing, before class, between classes, after classes. It felt nice to be quite honest, James always made sure I was comfortable with the pace that we went at and always made sure I consented.

We're doing just that this evening, snogging in a darker secluded hall after dinner, I had my hand around James neck and he had his hands on my hips gripping them gently.

"What in Merlin's fuck is going on here!" Sirius's voice dragged James and I out of our trance in each other's eyes.

I pulled away fastly and wiped my mouth and looked down, unable to face my brother's look that was most likely judging.

"We uh- we're seeing each other." James blurts out slightly in a daze.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR SEEING EACH OTHER." Sirius's voice raised.

"Mate, that's exactly what it means!" James said, almost shouting. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't raise my head. It embarrassed me that my brother caught us snogging.

"He's my baby brother! You can't snog him!" Sirius said, lowering his voice a bit.

"WE'RE NOT JUST SNOGGING WE'RE DATING!" James said, raising his voice with clear frustration in his voice.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR DATING! IS HE WHO YOU HAVE BEEN RUNNING OFF TO ALL THESE WEEKS!?" Sirius shouts back.

"OF COURSE IT IS!" James shouts, just as loud as Sirius.

"GUYS STOP SHOUTING!" I finally snap, causing both Sirius and James to look at me.

"And you! Why do you always have to ruin my life, taking all our mother's love and now James from me!" Sirius shrieks.

"I have taken nothing from you! Mother has never cared about me as much as she did you and I did not take James from you!" I said, feeling tired and unable to shout.

"You will end up hurting him as you do everything else in your life!" Sirius says, lowering his voice dramatically. I don't respond, just look down and feel tears fill my eyes and fall.

"Sirius, this has nothing to do with you. My and Reg's relationship is our concern, not yours," James says firmly while wrapping his arm around me to show a sign of comfort.

"What if you hurt him? You would break him completely! He's my baby brother and you're my best friend. I can't choose between you two if you hurt each other!" Sirius says quietly.

I feel James's grip tighten and his hand rubs the small of my back in a form of comfort.

"You don't have to choose. If something were to happen, we figure that out, there is no need to choose sides," James responds.

Sirius is quiet for a while. Then I feel another pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling James in as well.

"Are you two truly happy?" Sirius asks quietly while not letting us go. I nod while raising my eyes to meet the identical silver-blue eyes that Sirius and I share.

"I love him. I would do anything for him!" James says, confirming my answer.

"Good, then I'm happy for you." Sirius says, while James and I laugh a bit about Sirius's overreaction.

~
December 20th 1977

     I was sitting on the train in a compartment with the Marauders and Barty and Evan which I would have never thought I would see the day of but here I am, James has his arm around me pulling me closer to him and Peter on the other side of me. Barty and Evan are in a similar position with Sirius and Remus next to them, somehow civil.

"Hey, I need to go to the loo," James says while getting up.

"Reg, can you help me with that?" James says with a smirk.

I facepalm because it was terribly obvious he was lying. Everyone in the compartment laughs because of James's obvious attempt to get a snog in.

"Prongs, there are about a million different excuses you could come up with, but you need help going to the bathroom!?” Sirius says while laughing heavily.

"Well, Reg, we both know what you will be up to." Evan says with a chuckle.

"Shut up!" I say with an intense blush. I got up and walked out of the compartment with James and walked to the loo.

"You need to work on your excuses!" I hiss at James, but soon latch my lips to his. We were in there for quite a while before I pulled back.

"We should get back or they will think we are doing something worse." I say.

"You're probably right, let's go," James says, giving me a quick kiss before we both leave and walk back to the compartment.

"The walk of shame!" Barty shouts as James and I walk in and sit down in our previous spots. I blush further on my already flushed face.

"You better have not deflowered my brother Prongs!" Sirius says sternly.

"Nope, that would be me." Says Evan with a smirk.

"WHAT!?" James and Sirius say at the same time and Peter just chokes on a cauldron cake he was eating.

"Yep, that was at last year's end of term party." Evan says, worsening the problem more.

"Evan, shut up before Sirius throws us off the train!" I say, now embarrassed that now my brother and his friends know more than I'm comfortable with about my sex life.

"Well Sirius, now you can't kill me over deflowering Reg." James says with a snicker.

"Rosier, you better count your days!" Sirius says, giving a look of pure rage towards Evan.

"Well, now that everyone knows about my sex life, can we change the topic?" I say loudly, breaking Sirius' stare from Evan to me.

"Yeah, I would appreciate that as well." Peter says quietly in agreement.

"Oh Pete, you're just jealous that you're not getting any," Sirius says with a chuckle.

"Okay, so Regulus, how is the Pride and Prejudice book going?" Remus changes the subject.

"I'm just about done. I really like it. Andy says she will send me another Jane Austen book for Christmas." I replied.

"I liked Sense and Sensibility. It was good, but Emma wasn't too bad as well." Remus continues. I nod in acknowledgement.

I spent the rest of the train ride talking and promising to send letters.

The sinking feeling fills me once more while I walk off the train walking towards Kreacher who usually picks me up from the train station.

"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."