How Does It Feel Losing

October 30th 1979
-James Pov-

     It had been one month since that night Reg and I spent together and yes it had been bumpy but he's trying to trust me which I can appreciate, but not all things in my life were great considering a few days ago Dumbledore told me that Lily had to go in hiding naturally extending to Mary and yes I wasn't dating Lily but it doesn't mean I don't care for her and hope she's okay.

Enough about that today was supposed to be good. Sirius and I were decorating for Halloween even if we couldn't spend it like we wanted to, I currently am pulling boxes from the basement and it still felt so creepy, Sirius came up with this idea at five pm and now it's eight pm which made it dark down here and I swear there is something in the corner looking at me.

“James, what is taking so long?” Sirius calls.

“I'm coming. Hold on.” I call up while grabbing what I think are Halloween decorations. I pick up the heavy box and walk up the steep ladder.

“About time. Thought I would have to come and save you from the boxes.” Sirius says.

“Ha ha.” I say unamused.

“Well, since you took so long, I sent Reg out to get food.” Sirius says.

“Perfect, I'm hungry.” I replied, feeling truly hungry now.

Sirius and I sat chatting for a while till I remember Reg went out for food and he wasn't back yet.

“Hey Sirius, when did you send Reg out?” I ask.

“Uh.” Sirius says, now turning towards the clock on the wall. “About two hours ago.” Sirius says, visibly anxious.

“Maybe he was held up with something.” I say, trying to call Sirius down.

“I knew I shouldn't have sent him alone.” Sirius muttered.

“It's okay, we will find him.” I replied. Just then, the door knocked, and Sirius got up like lightning and walked to the door. Sirius got to the door, and I followed him just in case, I could see Sirius hesitantly open the door.

“Are you okay?” Remus says now that the door is open.

“Don't you have a key?” Sirius says, now calmed down, it seemed.

“I left my keys here.” Remus says, now walking in and sitting on the couch.

“Right.” Sirius says suspiciously.

“Are you okay? You seem tense.” Remus says.

“Uh, well, Reg went out for food two hours ago and hasn't come back.” Sirius replied.

“We need to find him then.” Remus says, now panicked and no longer sitting on the couch.

“Maybe there is a line at the restaurant.” I say optimistically.

“At nine pm?” Sirius asks.

“Right, probably not.” I replied.

“Okay, how about we patronus someone that can find him easily?” Remus says.

“Like who?” I ask.

“Maybe Dumbledore?” Remus says.

“He's had it out for Reg since he changed sides. He probably won't help,” Sirius says with a sigh. Sirius goes and sits in a chair near the fireplace.

“Moody?” I ask.

“He wants to lock Reg up, not much hope there.” Sirius says.

“Right.” Remus says.