The Calm Of The Storm

September 13th 1979
-Regulus Pov-

      I felt warmth around me, a feeling I certainly wasn't used to. I felt like I had been in and out of sleep and somehow rested but so tired I could sleep the rest of my life, I opened my eyes and was met with light.
I blink my eyes a few times to adjust them to the sudden brightness, I look around and find that I'm in James's apartment again.

I sat up slowly because of the deadly ache in my bones and the stiff wooden feeling, I felt sluggish and painful. I look at myself assessing the wounds I inevitably had, I find I'm patched at my legs in multiple areas and my arms but what really is painful is the patch on my stomach which already had blood seeping through.

I get up now and walk towards the door slowly, unable to walk at a fast pace. I get myself down the hallway and at the entrance of the living room where I hear talking, I take a deep breath and walk in.

"Reg, what are you doing? You should be resting." Sirius exclaims.

"I feel like I have slept a billion years. Plus, am I that annoying that you want me to be quiet again?" I say, smirking.

"No, of course not, but your wounds aren't healed." Sirius says.

"Well, I can't lay in bed forever." I say while taking a seat next to Remus, who was not even trying to interrupt the usual brother bickering.

"So Remus you back now?" I say, turning to Remus, trying to ignore the look of concern coming from my overbearing brother.

"Yep, good old Moody finally is letting me have time off from the useless to look for wolf packs." Remus says while rolling his eyes.

"Definitely no use. The packs are either with Voldemort or staying out of it." I replied.

"That's what I told Moody, but he wasn't hearing it." Remus says.

"How do you know that about the packs?" Sirius asks me.

"Voldemort sent me to recruit, but of course I just warned or didn't even try. I wasn't trying to get my head cut off." I say.

"Good choice. They are vicious." Remus replies.

"Voldemort sent his favorites?" Sirius asks.

"Nope, his weakest or the ones he doesn't trust in my case. He wanted a tighter leash on me. Didn't work, as you can see." I replied, knowing Sirius was trying to rile me up.

"Where's James?" Remus asks to avoid the explosion waiting to happen if Sirius and I continue our conversation.

"Went to see Lily something about her and Mary wanting to go to the doctor's visit." Sirius says.

"Doctor's visit?" I ask.

"Oh, you hadn't heard. Lily's pregnant." Sirius says.

"Oh well, next time I see her, I should say congrats." I replied.

"Prongs obviously isn't with her if you're worried, she's dating Mary," Sirius says quickly.

"I wasn't worried. He can do whatever he wants." I replied.

"Well, Prongs definitely wants you, he told me," Sirius says.

"Oh, um okay." I say, feeling a bit conflicted.

"Do you not have feelings for him anymore?" Sirius persisted.

"That's not what I was saying, but I don't know right now." I replied.

"What is there to know?" Sirius asks.

"Plenty." I deadpanned.

"Reg, what is the real problem?" Sirius asks. Remus now is slipping out of the room, probably not wanting to hear the fight that was going to happen.

"I think James can do better and I'm giving him that chance. I already told him he needed to." I explained.

"I don't think he can. At least that's what he thinks. He loves you and he won't give up on you. He told me, "You and I both know how he is." Sirius says, now getting up and sitting next to me.

"He has to." I say now in a whisper, feeling tears in my eyes.

"No, he doesn't, and I know you don't want that." Sirius says, now pulling me in a tight hug as I dampen his shirt with my rapidly falling tears.

~
-James Pov-

      "Hey Lily, Mary." I say while walking up to the two waiting women.

"Hey James, how's Reg." Lily asks.

"He's doing better, no more internal bleeding, which I would say is excellent." I say.

"That's good." Lily replied politely.

"How are you guys?" I ask.

"We're good." Mary replied.

"Feeling softer, if you know what I mean," Lily says with a laugh.

"Must be exciting for you, especially with all the other fun things like the moving and kicks." I say.

"Someone has done some reading." Mary says with a smile.

"That I have." I replied.

"We should get to the appointment to see this baby." Lily says. I follow behind as she leads the way to the appointment.

We get into the room and I sit down alongside a bed and another chair that Mary sits in. Lily lays back on the bed and the doctor walks in.

"Hi, my name is Mr. Jones, but please call me Jackson. It makes me feel younger," Jackson says. 

"Nice to meet you, Jackson. I'm Lily and this is Mary, my partner, and James, the baby's father." Lily says with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Mary and James." Jackson says, "Okay Lily, can you pull up your shirt so we can get this show on the road?" Jackson asks.

"Yes, of course." Lily replied, while pulling up her shirt.

"How have you been feeling?" Jackson asks while squirting a blue tinted gel on a wand looking thing and pushing it into Lily's stomach gently.

"I have been good. I have no nausea." Lily replied.

"Ah, you're one of those lucky ones." Jackson says, "Now if you all look at this screen you will see a healthy baby." Jackson says.

"Wow!" Lily, Mary and I say all in unison.

"You are around two months and five days, which means your due date is around April twelfth." Jackson says.

"This is so awesome." Lily says with tears in her eyes, I felt overwhelmed with happiness for Mary and Lily but truly feeling a bit sad about the fact I could never get this with my true love.

~
-Remus Pov-

     Sirius and I were laying in bed hours later just soaking in each other and cuddling, the war had taken a toll on everyone but especially the Marauders because of the Peter thing which we still didn't find out where he had fled to but I could guarantee he was going to come back and do something bad.

"Do you think Reg is okay?" Sirius says, breaking the silence.

"I think he will." I say.

"I just think he needs support, but I don't know how. He's confused, and I don't know how to help." Sirius says.

"Just be there for him. That's all we can do." I replied, "James won't let anything happen. You shouldn't worry." I add.

"You're right." Sirius says with a sigh. I pulled him closer to me as if he was going to run away.

"I love you." I whisper into Sirius's ear.

"I love you too Moony." Sirius says sleepily as he buries himself into me further.

"And all the stars will guide you home."