Trapping The Abuse

Trapping The Abuse

December 20th 1977
-Regulus Pov-

 I had just sent off a letter to James, both Sirius and James had been sending a letter a day it seemed. I think they are paranoid, it seemed after the howlers threats Sirius was being extra protective.

I personally think that the howler was an empty threat but you never know with my parents, you never know what side you will get.

"Master Regulus, dinner will be ready in twenty minutes and be ready in your evening attire." Kreacher, the house-elf, stated.

"Thank you, Kreacher!" I replied. I got up from my desk and walked over to my dresser to pick out an outfit.

I looked in the mirror after changing and had decided upon wearing a white-collared shirt with a silver trim on the collar and black trousers with black dress shoes.

I took one last look and walked out of my room and down the hall to a staircase that led to the dining room.
I made it to the dining room and sat down in my usual chair.

"This evening, we will have a special guest after dinner. They couldn't meet for dinner." Walburga spoke first, breaking the silence.

"Oh, who are they?" I ask politely.

"You will find out when they come. You will treat them with respect since they are coming here taking time from their busy schedule." Walburga replied.

"As always." I say with a soft smile, but not meeting my eyes.

The dinner ended after a painfully long time of talking about the Pureblood families and the war, both topics making me want to hit my head on the table.

"Come Regulus, join your father and I in the drawing room." Walburga said with a stern voice.

"Yes, mother." I mumbled. I walked to the drawing room, not fully sure what to expect.

When they opened the door and led me into a seat, I saw a man, or what I thought to be a man. This person had pale white skin, practically paper white with red eyes and features that looked snake-like.

The realization filled me almost instantly that this person was the Dark Lord, or Voldemort more commonly known.

I sat down hesitantly, but knowing I didn't have an escape ensured that I had to obey what I was told, so I sat in perfect posture.

"Regulus, I have heard so much about you. I hear you're interested in my work?" Voldemort said in a smooth voice, I took an interest in the Dark arts but not in the mass killings Voldemort did or his Pureblood agenda.

"Uh, you could say so, I guess." I mumbled.

"SPEAK UP BOY!" My father 'Orion' shouted.

"I have an interest in dark arts, but not in the war, no," I stated.

"Regulus, you will obey. This could mean a lot about bringing honor to our family name." Walburga hissed. I looked up to my mother in the eyes.

"I don't want to join the war. I think this should be my decision." I said I knew I was pushing my mother and father over the edge, but I truly didn't want this.

"IMPERIO!" Orion shouted. My whole body went stiff and my eyes glazed over.

"Now, boy, you will accept the mark." Orion said tightly. I simply nodded under force from the Imperious curse.

"Roll up your sleeve." Walburga said calmly. I looked down and rolled up my sleeve on my right arm and looked back at Voldemort.

I felt the pain in my arm from Voldemort's wand as he etched the dark mark on my skin. It felt like a hot knife. I felt hot tears come down my face and blood dripping from my arm. I began to see white spots, then my vision faded entirely into darkness.

I woke up in my room feeling a dull ache in my right arm. I pulled my sleeve up and took in the sight of the black, twisted snake of the dark mark as it moved around my skin.

There was some blood around the mark, but it was mostly red and irritated. The black ink filled my skin and made me uncomfortable that it moved on top of it all, but the worst part was I took it involuntarily. I had no choice and now I have this mark that stands for awful things on my arm.

“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”