Kissing Is A Nightmare

November 24th 1977
-Regulus Pov-

      "Crucio! You will obey and take the dark mark!" Walburga shouts.

"No, please! I don't want it, please!" I say back softly because of the pain of the curse and crying.

"How dare you talk back! It's your duty to serve The House of Black. You are better than that disgrace of a brother!" Walburga sneers.

"Don't call him that!" I say, raising my voice.

"Imperio!" Walburga shouts, my mind goes foggy like I'm floating with not a single thought going on.

"Good, now follow me into the drawing room to greet the Dark Lord." Walburga says, lowering her voice, now satisfied with her son's reaction. I follow without even meaning to. I have no control over my body, no say in what I do.

"Regulus, my boy! I have been waiting for the day that you would join." Voldemort greets me. I sit down stiffly. I feel like I'm on the outside of my body just looking in to watch.

"Roll up your sleeve, Regulus!" Walburga commands. I obey immediately because of the Imperious curse.
Voldemort puts his wand to my arm and begins whispering inaudibly.

My arm burns in pain as the black ink fills my skin and leaves a snake-like tattoo. I look down at my arm and see the Dark mark upon my pale skin.

I woke up with a gasp and drenched with sweat. Thankfully, I woke no one else up due to hyperventilating. I feel hopeless.

That dream, or more like a nightmare, will soon be my future and I have no say. I feel like pressure is building with each month that Sirius is gone. Was it always like this and I never saw it? Did this happen to Sirius before he left and now, since he's gone, all the pressure goes to me? I sit up and wipe my face dry with the sleeve of my pajamas, feeling better.

I lay back and didn't go back to sleep that night because of my thoughts sitting heavy in my mind.

~
November 26th 1977

     I sat in the library staring at a book but was so far away from my thoughts in reality. It has been two days and I haven't had a nightmare, but have had little of any sleep at night. I didn't sleep, I just got lost in my thoughts. It pulled me from my thoughts when someone made a coughing noise and I automatically snapped my head in that direction.

"You okay? You have been staring at the same page for thirty five minutes now," James said. When did he sit down? I don't remember him sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm in my mind a bit today." I stated.

"Okay, just making sure. I have seen little of you in the last week since the howler," James started. "Do you want to talk about it?" James asked.

"It was just a nightmare, nothing major. I'm fine." I said.

"If you're sure. I should leave you alone with that book," James said while getting up. I quickly grabbed his hand.

"No, join me. Uh, if you want to, I mean." I said fastly, I felt my face heating and a blush creeping up on me. James sat down wordlessly. He looked thrilled if I were going to be honest.

I don't know what overcame me, but I leaned forward, putting my hands on both sides of James's jaw and kissed him. KISS HIM!? I pulled away and looked away.

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what overcame me. I shouldn't have done that." I said quietly, with a bit of shame in my tone.

James pulled my face up with his hands so I was facing him and leaned in and kissed me back.

This time it was longer and demanding, if not messy as well. He demanded entrance with his tongue, and I allowed him to deepen the kiss further. It felt like fireworks with more magic. This time James pulled away a bit flushed but certainly happy looking.

"I have been wanting to do that for a while," James says quietly.

"That felt amazing." I said back quietly. Looked up to meet James' chocolatey eyes.

"Do you- do you want to go with me to Hogsmeade?" James asks shyly.

"I would love to." I replied, feeling overjoyed because I have a date with James Potter.

"Perfect, I will meet you Saturday at nine am in front of the entrance of the castle." James replied while smiling.

"I will be there!" I say back while giving a shy smile.

"I best be off, but see you then!" James says while pecking at my lips and leaving.

~
December 2nd 1977

     I walked down the hall to get to the entrance of the castle. I was wearing a purple knit sweater with a black leather jacket over it, along with a pair of black jeans with frayed ends with my black Doc Martens and a few silver rings on my fingers.

I made it to the front a bit early, so I leaned against the wall, watching all the friend groups and couples walking down the path to Hogsmeade. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see James next to me. James was wearing a red polo shirt with a gray jacket unzipped along with dark blue jeans and red converse.

"Hey, I thought you were going to ditch me." I teased James for his usual tardiness.

"I would never, especially when you look that good," James said with a smug smile.

"Well, if it helps, you look good as well." I said with a faint blush. "Let's head down to Hogsmeade, otherwise we will be here forever." I said with a laugh.

James and I walked down the path to Hogsmeade, chatting a bit. I felt James slowly grabbing my hand to hold. It felt endearing. James made me feel safe. Feeling safe wasn't something I was used to feeling with someone, but James changed that. I held his hand back as we walked down the path.

"Where should we go first?" I ask.

"I was thinking of Honeydukes first, then Scrivenshafts and ending with The Three Broomsticks. Does that sound good or do you want to do something else?" James replies.

"That sounds perfect." I responded.

We finally made it to The Three Broomsticks, with a bag full of our findings. We sat down in a corner that was more secluded since we hadn't really made our relationship public yet.

We talked for what felt like hours and plenty of laughter was involved. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time. It got later in the evening, so we ended up walking back to the castle. James walked me to the entrance of the Slytherin dungeon, which I refused at first, but ultimately James won.

"Today was perfect, thank you!" I say to James, smiling a bit more than I was used to.

"I was wondering if you would officially be my boyfriend. Totally fine if you're not-" James was saying but was cut off by me kissing him.

"I would love to be your boyfriend!" I replied. He smiled, making me smile. I gave him another kiss and hugged him, then walked away to the Slytherin common room.

“I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”