People Help The People

September 15th 1979
-Regulus Pov-

     I walked into the Marauders apartment in the late parts of the morning completely soaked from the heavy rain outside with the intent that everyone would be asleep so I wouldn't have to confront anyone but as the world can't just rain no it pours, the living room light was on.

I take a deep breath and walk into the living room, mentally prepared for the interrogation I was due rightfully after I disappeared.

“Reg?” Sirius asks tiredly. I must have woken him.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Where have you been?” Sirius asks, now sitting up from his hunched over sleeping position.

“I need your help.” I say quietly as I sit down in a chair opposite of him.

“Are you hurt? Legal issues?” Sirius asks.

“No, but I need to end it all.” I say

“Ending it all?” Sirius questions.

“I found a way to kill… him.” I answered.

“You- you found a way to do it?” Sirius questions again.

“I have, and I need help. I can't do this alone. I just can't anymore. I can't fight this alone. I'm so tired of fighting. I'm tired of feeling alone all the time.” I say, now realizing there are tears running down my face.

Sirius abruptly got up and wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me.

“I'm just so tired.” I whisper.

“It's okay. I'm here. I will help you.” Sirius replied, “How did you find out about this… way to kill him?” Sirius asks.

“You remember when Kreacher found you?” I ask.

“Yes.” Sirius replied.

“That is when Kreacher told me of a cave Voldemort took him to. I forced Kreacher to bring me, and that is when I found a Locket, but I had to drink a potion that made me insanely thirsty and the lake was filled with Inferius. I think you get the idea.” I told Sirius.

“So the Locket was the key?” Sirius asks.

“Part of it, the locket was a Horcrux, which is something that holds souls, also making the user immortal. The bad part is Voldemort has multiple.” I replied.

“So, did you destroy the locket?” Sirius questions.

“I don't know where it is.” I say.

“So we look for that first.” Sirius replied.

“I know about a few others.” I say, now looking up at Sirius.

“Tell me.” Sirius says.

“Hufflepuff Cup in the Lestrange vault, Ravenclaw diadem somewhere in Scotland, Gryffindor Sword with Dumbledore, the ring with me, and the Locket somewhere.” I replied.

“You have one?” Sirius asks.

“Yes, you will know you have found a Horcrux when you feel the dark magic.” I say.

“Okay, we can do this.” Sirius says, “Reg, thank you for telling me. I want to help you.” Sirius adds. I hear a creak from the door nearby and I turn around and see James.

“How much of that did you hear?” I ask.

“Enough to know about the Horcruxes and what you have been doing.” James says, crossing his arms, “And to know I'm not letting you guys do it without me,” James adds.

“James, you can't.” I say sternly.

“I'm going to leave you to it. I'm going to go to bed now.” Sirius says, “Night Reg, James.” Sirius waves.

“You can't.” I say quietly.

“And you can't stop me,” James counters.

“You are having a baby, you can't risk your life like this.” I say.

“But you can't either, plus Lily will understand.” James insists.

“James, no.” I say.

“You can't and will not stop me, Regulus, not now and never. I have lost you one too many times to know I will regret it if I don't do this,” James says in a stern voice that I have never heard come from him.

“You never lost me because you never had me.” I say, even though I knew it was a lie.

“That's a lie and you and I both know that,” James says, not sitting down beside me close enough I could feel the heat radiating off of him. I just make a noise in reply, not knowing what to say now.

“Reg, please, we can't keep pretending,” James adds.

“I don't know what you mean.” I said, looking down now.

“You do.” James replied while grabbing my face gently and pushing it up to look at me.

“We can't. I'm not good for you.” I say, now blushing.

“You are just what I need,” James says, while leaning down and putting his lips against mine. I kiss back now, pulling James closer. It felt like nothing and everything changed. I had butterflies in my stomach and clouds in my head as I continued pressing my lips to his.

James pulls away for a second and looks at me. “I love you.” He says quietly.

"He has stars in his eyes"