We're Starting

We're Starting

*Sexual content implied."

October 31st 1979
-Regulus Pov-

Barty has it out for me and now more than ever since he thinks he will get the Locket, but honestly, he will probably die before getting it, considering we don't have it.

"Reg, what are you doing up so early?" Sirius's sleepy tone asked.

"Thinking." I replied.

"Aren't you always?" Sirius asks.

"I think I know a way to get the Hufflepuff cup, but it's incredibly stupid." I said.

"Well, I like stupid, so tell me." Sirius says.

"Well, that's up to me. You and James work on getting the Journal from Malfoy, which I assume knows where it is if not has it." I say.

"Family reunion." Sirius muttered.

"Presumably, Remus could research the Ravenclaw diadem." I explained.

"He would be good at that," Sirius says.

"Exactly." I replied. I take a deep sigh, feeling a massive headache forming in my temples.

"Are you okay Reg?" Sirius asks, leaning forward towards me.

"Yeah, I just have a headache." I replied.

"Are you sure? You were hurt pretty bad last night." Sirius says.

"I'm fine. Barty was more difficult." I said, not fully wanting to relive the horrors of last night.

"What do you mean, difficult?" Sirius asks, looking concerned.

"I just mean he did some things." I said, looking down with tears in my eyes.

"Did he touch you?" Sirius asked firmly.

"I-I didn't want to." I said, with tears running down my face.

"Hey you didn't ask for that, it's not your fault." Sirius replied while pulling my face up.

"I deserved it, though." I say quietly.

"No one deserves that." Sirius replied. "Now we will not talk about this. Let's get you to bed," Sirius adds while pulling me gently towards my room.

~
November 3rd 1979
-James Pov-

I walked out to the living room to see Sirius on the couch, looking to be in deep thought. I know I haven't been a good friend lately since Lily and everything. I felt numb and like a walking corpse and if I were fully honest; I hadn't seen or talked to Regulus since we got him back, which I felt bad about.

"How are you?" I asked Sirius as I sat down.

"I'm feeling old." Sirius stated.

"That's what happens when it's your birthday." I replied.

"Yes, but I'm twenty and you don't even turn twenty till March." Sirius explained.

"Okay, so you're the oldest. So what?" I said.

"I'm like ancient." Sirius whined.

"Get over it." Regulus said, walking into the room.

"Well, at least you're not twenty." Sirius said.

"No, but I'm eighteen." Regulus replied.

"See I am old." Sirius said.

"This is the most stupid conversation I have had yet," Regulus said.

"Do you want me to get you cake?" I ask Sirius.

"Yes!" Sirius practically shouts.

"Is that all you wanted?" Regulus asks, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe." Sirius replied.

"Padfoot here has only one priority." Remus says, joining us.

"Mhm." Regulus agrees.

"See Padfoot, you still act like a toddler. You're not old." I teased.

"So mean." Sirius said with a hand to his chest dramatically.

"Hey, at least you can celebrate your birthday." Regulus says.

"You could too." Remus says.

"My birthday has already passed." Regulus says.

"Yes, that's right, my super old eighteen-year-old brother." Sirius says.

"I'm not past my prime, unlike you." Regulus teases.

"How did you celebrate your birthday?" Remus asks.

"I didn't." Regulus says.

"What do you mean you didn't?" Sirius asks.

"I was defying Voldemort. When did I have time to celebrate? Plus, I forgot about my birthday anyway, so it's fine." Regulus explains.

"Nope, we are now celebrating together. This is the only time I will share a birthday, so take it while you can," Sirius says.

"No, really, it's fine." Regulus insisted.

"I'm not tracking that answer," Sirius said.

"Okay, fine, if it helps you cope with being an old man." Regulus teased.

"So mean." Sirius whined.

"Okay, well, I'm going to get the food." Remus says.

"I'm coming with you." Sirius states.

"Have fun with the toddler, Remus." I said.

"Oh, I will," Remus says while tugging Sirius along.

"So we have the house alone." I stated.

"Yep." Regulus says. We meet eyes looking at each other for a second before grabbing at each other and pulling each other together.

"Bedroom now." I said. Regulus did not disagree as we clung to each other while slowly making our way to the bedroom.

Regulus and I walked out of the bedroom about an hour later, and Sirius and Remus seemed to just have made it back.

"You look freshly fucked." Remus says with a chuckle.

"PRONGS! I leave you two alone for an hour and you have sex," Sirius says.

"Hey, you're not a blushing virgin." Remus says. I look over to Regulus and he has a deep blush over his cheeks now.

"Stop, you're making Regulus blush." I said.

"It's fine. I think we established a while ago that your brother has done his own tango a few times." Remus says.

"Gosh, do not remind me." Sirius says, covering his ears.

"Okay, can we stop talking about my sex life? What did you guys get?" Regulus asks.

"Chips, cake, and lots of alcohol." Sirius says.

"Oh, fun." I say.

Hours later, we all almost passed out on the couch with lots of plates of random food sitting around, along with an unhealthy amount of alcohol. I looked to see Remus fully passed out and halfway falling out of the chair he was placed in.

"The room is spinning." Regulus states.

"You're drunk, love." I said.

"Maybe." regulus says. Looking up, he plunges himself onto my lips, attacking them with sloppy kisses. This is when I feel whole. I may have been through something tragic, but being here in this room full of people and with regulus in my arms makes me whole again.

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."