⌗ I. 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾 ;;

Start from the beginning

"M' ready whenever you are." You sighed, a small smile growing on your lips as you prepared yourself any second now for Meguru to start attacking. You didn't like football that's for sure, but at least you enjoyed having company rather than being alone.

"Damn it.. I hate you N/N !! "

The sound of footsteps along with the loud voice of the brunette right next to you could be heard vividly from a mile away as he grabbed his hair in frustration, clearly upset that he lost to you again and now had to treat you to dinner. You smirked, covering your mouth with a hand as you glanced away from Meguru to let out a small chuckle.

"Not my fault that you're ass." You decided to tease the taller male as he started to grow annoyed and flustered. "Shut up ! I'm not ass, y-you're just.. erm.." Meguru grew silent as he continued on walking without another word, seemingly speechless. You giggled to yourself yet again in response, patting him lightly on the back as you followed behind him. "Don't worry about it, Meguru. You're already amazing, okay ?" You stated genuinely, making the brunette slightly giddy that he just got complimented by you, which isn't a common instance.

"Hmph, didn't know you could actually compliment others." Meguru teased you back, which prompted you to get embarrassed by him this time. Swatting him on the back as you crossed your arms and frowned, speeding up your steps as you were now the one walking in front. As a result, you could hear loud chuckling coming from Meguru as he speeds up his steps to match yours. Patting your head lightly as he cooed in your ear.

"Hehe, how cute of you N/N." Just a second later, you felt Meguru's hand intertwine with your smaller one, now pulling you with him as he started sprinting down the road with you helplessly getting dragged along. "Let's get something to eat now, I'm starving..~" The brunette exclaimed, not giving you a chance to fight back. It's not like you wanted to anyway, you were hungry as well. And deep down, you cherished and enjoyed small moments like this with him.

"You eat so fucking gross, Meguru." You watched in disgust as the brunette scarfed down his food, taking in mouth fulls at once. He merely glanced up at you, offering you a fry as he smiled innocently. "Want one ?" He brought the stick of potatoes up to your mouth, in which you opened your mouth and bit on it. "Hm, thanks." You mumbled, bringing your own food to your mouth as you slowly chewed and swallowed it down.

"I may eat gross, but you eat so damn slow. I'm legit almost done with mine and you haven't even finished half." Meguru pointed to your plate of curry with a look of amusement. You felt a tick mark grow on your head, biting back an insult as you glared at him. "At least it's better than eating like a pig !" You retorted, shoving a spoonful of curry and rice into your mouth.

"You calling me a pig ?! I'll beat your ass, princess !!" You felt Meguru's hand grab the fabric of your jersey, pulling you close as you frowned up at him. "As if you even can." You barked back, using your free hand to push his head away. "Just let me finish my fucking food, damn." You hissed back sassily, bringing another spoonful of curry into your mouth.

"Damn bitch." You heard Meguru mutter softly. You wanted to punch him in the gut so damn hard, but you knew you needed to finish your food before doing so.

After what felt like an eternity to Meguru, you had finally finished your plate of food. Carefully bringing the tray over to the counter to hand it back to the workers to wash it up, you bowed graciously and left the diner with Meguru trailing behind you. The exact moment the two of you left the establishment, you were at each other's necks as you were clawing onto the material of his shirt while he was pulling your hair.

"I swear to God you're gonna be the death of me one day. Dumbass." You hissed, flashing him a heavily irritated look as he gave you a sly smirk in return. "Oh ? I'd be honored if so. Princess." You started to grow flustered again, puffing out your cheeks as you quickly punched him in his gut before walking away.

"Suck my dick." You stormed away, leaving a giggling Meguru behind despite clutching his stomach from getting hit by you.

IT WAS DARK as the orangey-yellow sky had morphed into a pitch black one. Despite it only being around 7 O'clock, it already felt like midnight as the two of you were on the way back to your house. Both of you had quickly grew out of the banter from earlier and were now walking side by side. Now quickly approaching the gates of your house; you spotted your mom outside waiting for you as you quirked an eyebrow, she'd rarely ever be waiting for you by the gates when you'd return home.

"Mom ?" You questioned, faking a smile towards her as you stared at her in slight trepidation. She flashed her own smile back, a more warm and giddy one as she held up a white envelope. "Y/N, welcome back. I have amazing news for you." She stepped aside to make way for you to come in, handing you the envelope as you opened it and started reading. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed Meguru greeting your mother.

As you read each and every word with utmost focus, a sudden pang of dread hit you in the gut as you widened your eyes. You wanted to rip the envelope in half and burn it, but you couldn't. This was a lettered invitation to a project solely focused on football. With shaky hands, you put the letter down while glancing up at your mom - she had a large ear to ear smile as she had her gaze focused on you. The next moment you saw Meguru perk up as he suddenly grabbed his school bag, ruffling through to also pull out an identical looking envelope.

"I got one too !" He glanced at both you and your mom. Your mom in return beamed even more, it was rather creepy how one could smile that much. "Oh wow, my goodness.. That's amazing ! Y/N here won't have to go through this alone." From the way she clasped her hands together and indirectly mentioned you wouldn't participate alone, you knew your fate had already been sealed.

As the two of you entered the household, your entire body was trembling with dread and anxiety which Meguru noticed very clearly. "Hey.. Are you alright ? You don't wanna participate in this, do you ? I'm sorry." The brunette whispered while trying his best to comfort you, patting your head with a gentleness you've never felt from him before.

"I-I'm fine, it's alright. I'll get through it, yeah I'll definitely get through it." Your breaths started to grow shaky as you hugged your arms together, tears threatening to fall from the corner of your eyes. As the two of you made your way to a more secluded area in the house, your tears started to pour like a thunderstorm as you sobbed into your hands.

"I don't want to do this."

---------------------------------------------------------

WC: 1860

🎸⚬⋆.˚ ⊹₊ ✮ ∘∘