─ 37. a goddess in disguise

Start from the beginning

Crackers.

Jungkook's giant body was facing away from me, and his muscular back was in the field of vision. The silk sheets were pooled around his hips, and he was shirtless.

Oh good god! He was half naked.

Coming in here was a mistake.

Another quiet sniffle escaped my nose as I tried to dry my tears.

A grunt escaped Jungkook's lips as he shuffled around at the sound.

My heart stopped for a moment as his gigantic, yet magnificent body turned around and I finally saw his face, and the tattoos that covered his torso and arms.

A pathetic whimper left my lips when I realized that Mister Jeon was just as intimidating when he was asleep as he was fully awake.
I was scared to approach him when I thought of the fact that he may be angry with me if I woke him up.

But wouldn't he be used to being woken up in the night since he was a father, and when taking care of Dae when he was an infant?

My toes duf into the carpet in thought, and I finally made my decision.

Quiet as a mouse; I neared Jungkook's bed and sucked my bottom lip into my mouth and gathered my courage.

"Mister Jeon?" I whispered, nudging the mattress with my foot, keeping a distance away from him - what if I scared him and he woke up swinging? If he got a good hit in, I doubt I'd ever get up again.
Having to wake up North more often than not made me cautious.

Also, I cringed at the fact that I unintentionally called Jungkook, Mister Jeon again. I couldn't help it - at this point, it was a habit. A habit I'll have to work on breaking if I don't want to disappoint him.

A hum left Jungkook's lips and he shuffled around in bed. The tears were starting to dry on my face by now, but I kept going. I knew that the nightmares would keep waking me up, but if I stayed with him, maybe they would leave me...for the time being.

His beautiful eyes fluttered open and stared at my figure, a few meters away, sleepily. My throat clogged up when his eyes sharpened in on my blotchy face and he pulled himself up into a sitting position, concern etched on his face.

"What's wrong, baby?" He rumbled tiredly, yet watching my face with rapt attention. "Come here, sweetie." He urged, holding his huge arms out to me.
Without wasting a second, I tumbled into his arms and snuggled into his warmth. My nose pressed against his solid pec, and I breathed in his light musk, reveling in it.

His huge hands carefully pulled my body off the floor and perched me on his thigh. "Why are you crying, baby?" He whispered, lips pressing on my head.

"...nightmares." I finally whispered, feeling my chest tightened and then relaxed when I felt him relax back onto the headboard. Normally, being in this bed would make the memories of that night flash inside my head, but being with him - that was the last thing on my mind. "...c-can I stay with y-you?" I asked shyly, face pressing into his chest so I could have to meet his eyes.

Jungkook's arms tightened around my waist, and his hand swept through my hair soothingly, "Of course, sweetie." He cooed, swaying my body from side to side - rocking me if I was only a baby in his arms.

"Thank you." I spoke quietly, letting him tuck me against his huge body underneath the covers. Jungkook was careful with my casted hands as he moved me off his lap and to the space beside him. He was silent as he later back down and pulled my head up slightly to sneak his bicep underneath it.
I cuddled into his side, fully aware of the fact that he was nearly naked. No shirt, no pants. Only boxers.