What if. (N.R)

Y/n's age: 16

⚠️: sh, ed, yelling, and I think that's it?.

Not proffered.

Y/n's POV:
I failed..again. But this time it was bad. Nat, Kate, Peter, and Yelena got hurt. All because I 'thought' I heard people screaming for help, and went to go look for them and left the others in danger.

And on the way back to the tower all Steve was doing was yelling at me..he didn't even notice when I flinched, and I flinched so hard I thought someone would notice..but they were all busy and worrying about the others that's got hurt.

And Steve was just telling me how it was my fault, how I was just hearing things, and should've stayed. So as soon as we got back I ran to my room, I ran past Maria and fury, and they saw my tears, they saw how I flinched when someone got up before me, they saw everything.

All they could do was wait until Steve told them what happened and when he did Nick didn't believe that you were lying about hearing people screaming for help. But they had no proof until they have your body cam footage.

As for me I was in my room, overthinking about what I did, I could've kill Nat or Yelena, and if I made one of the die, one of the wouldn't hated me forever. And they're like sisters to me but I don't think so anymore.

So I wanted to go say sorry, so I went to the med room where everyone was. Until someone got in my way... it was Steve, "what do you think you're doing?" He asked "I'm- im just going in to say sorry" I say in a whisper "no, not on my watch you can wait until they want to see you, and I don't think they do" he says coldly, as I try and hold my tears "oh- okk.." I say and walk to my room silently crying.

All I wanted was my sisters- wait they're not my sisters. I had one more person, but she's in space fighting aliens, trying to keep everyone safe. I just want her.. but I don't want to worry her and make her come for this dumb reason.

I went to my bathroom, I needed to fix this pain, I needed to do it again. And I found my razor, pulled up my long sleeve and dragged the blade across my skin. I didn't cry, I just sighed I felt something again. It was something better than anything I've felt for the past few days.

When I was done I cleaned myself up and went on my bed and started thinking. What if I never heard the screams, what if I just left it like that and the team would've never been mad at me. What if I never joined the avengers.

That was the last thing I thought before crying myself to sleep.

Maria's POV:
As I was going to see Natasha and them, I heard
Sobs coming from y/n's bedroom. I put my ear on the door and heard her crying, and she never cry's, but it was around 12 in the morning so I was gonna ask her about it in the morning.

Everyone in the medical room was awake, and they got hurt badly. I asked everyone if they needed anything, and they said they were okay, so I went to talk to Steve about the y/n situation.

He told me that she heard people screaming for help, but when she got to were the screaming was no one was there, and it set an alarm. That's how the others got hurt, Steve told me that she when they got back she ran straight to her room, and didn't come for dinner.

That's when I was worried, because she knew that Steve didn't mention something, because why would she run to her room, she would've stayed by Nat or Yelena.

THE NEXT DAY:

Y/n's POV:
I wake up from someone knocking on my door, "yes" I say in my morning voice, "hi honey, it Maria" Maria said and opened the door, to find me with red eyes and tear stain face.

"Oh sweetheart, what's wrong" she says closing the door and running to me and hugged me, "it's all my fault" you say with tears forming in your eyes. "No it isn't, honey." She says because she looked on your body came, and heard the screaming herself.

But the reason why there was no one there was cause  they used speakers around the room I was in and they sounded so real to her. "Yes it is, if I didn't go towards the screaming they would've- they would've been okay" I say between sobs.

"It's okay my sweet girl, you did nothing wrong, and Steve should have never yelled at you like that. I saw how hard you flinched on Steve's cam, and how no one noticed cause they were busy with the others. When you can home me and fury saw how you flinched when Steve got up, we saw how you ran to your room instead of being with your sisters-" she says and I cut her off when she says sisters

"They're not my sisters" I mumble, "what do you mean honey?." She asks "why would they want to be my family when I hurt them" "oh honey...why would they hate you, your there little spider they could never hate you" she says to clam me down.

But little did I know there's a mad Captain Marvel downstairs yelling at steve and everyone that blamed it on you.

Then Nat and Yelena came and knocked on your door, "little spider?" Nat says.

Want a Pt 2?.

HAPPY LATE BDAY NATTY. 🫶

LOVE YOUS. XX