Chapter Two

Dante refused to leave Nadine's side. Now that he had found her, he would never leave her side again. He had made sure that he could convince the four men to leave them alone as they sat in the carriage, riding closer to Nadine's owner's house. The men had the order only to bother them once they had to stop for camp.

Dante sat across from Nadine in the carriage and observed her. The curtains were thick and drawn closed tight to prevent any light from entering the carriage. Dante's eyes narrowed as he noticed how pale her skin was.

Nadine looked up and caught him staring. "What's wrong?" she asked him slowly.

"When was the last time you fed?" His eyes snapped to her hands, clenching her dress in her lap. His eyebrows raised, knowing that he wouldn't like the answer she would give him.

Nadine looked down at her hands and answered him quietly. "A week ago."

Dante ground his teeth. "How many people have you killed since you left?"

Nadine took a deep breath and looked up at him. "Three. The last man that I had killed was stronger than we had anticipated, and it took more energy to finish him off than the others."

Dante sent out a silent reminder to the men to leave them alone as he studied Nadine. She was his mate, and his duty was to care for her every need. He held out his arm, looking at her reaction.

Nadine looked down at his hand before looking back at him, raising her eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

"Taking care of my mate," Dante answered lowly. "You need to feed, Nadine. Take my blood; I give it freely for your health."

Nadine's tongue darted out and ran over her bottom lip; Dante's eyes followed. "I will be fed when I get to my owner's house."

Dante's head cocked to one side. "How much longer do we have until we reach the house?" He was trying to be patient with her. He knew she hadn't been adequately cared for in a long time.

"Four more days," she answered him sheepishly.

Dante motioned to his wrist again. "Let me take care of you, Nadine. I ask nothing in return."

Nadine looked down at his wrist before looking up at him. She sucked her bottom lip into her mouth. Dante's heart jumped as he watched her eyes darken. Nadine quickly hiked up her dress and sat on his lap, pushing him back against his seat.

"What are you doing?" he asked her, his voice deepened.

Nadine ran her hands up and down his chest. "Feeding from my mate." Her voice was velvet seduction; Dante couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Dante's heart jumped as her hands moved to the back of his neck, her skin meeting his. He should be stronger than this. He thought he was stronger than this, but he was wrong. With one touch from this woman, he finally understood what his brothers were discussing. She was his, and he would kill anyone who got this attention from her or touched her. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when her fingers tangled into his hair. Dante's eyes rolled into the back of his head as Nadine pulled against his hair, arching his neck for her. "I had meant that you feed from my wrist, Nadine."

Nadine chuckled lightly, causing his body to harden painfully underneath her. "I know, but I want to feed this way." Her head dropped as she ran her fangs up and down the side of his neck. "You wouldn't deny me, would you?"

"No," Dante rasped. He didn't know where to put his hands at first but decided to place them tightly on her hips. He needed her to stop teasing him. He didn't know how much longer his control would last. His hands tightened against her hips as her tongue ran over his pulse. His control was going to snap at any moment. Dante reached up and wrapped her hair around his fist, pulling her head back to look at him. "Drink, Nadine. I won't be responsible for what I might do if you don't stop."

Nadine's eyes shone with amusement as she moved her hips against him. A deep groan fell out of his mouth as she moved over his hardness. "I wouldn't mind," her voice sang.

Dante shook his head as he wrapped an arm around her waist, stopping her from moving against him. "I don't want the first time I claim you to be with an audience." He motioned to the carriage door.

Nadine laughed, her voice like music to his ears. She shook her head. "You and I both know that they would never know." She tried to move her hips, but his grip was too firm. "Your control over them would make them not hear a thing. They would leave us alone."

Dante shook his head. "You don't understand. If I touch you, I could lose my control over them." He leaned forward and pressed his lips against her pulse. He smirked as he felt her body shudder against him. "I want to be able to worship your body properly. I want to prolong your pleasure. Our first time is not going to be a quick mating session."

"Dante," Nadine whined. Her hands gripped his shoulders, her nails digging into his skin. "Please."

Dante leaned back and released her hair. "Feed, Nadine." He arched his neck, giving her complete access to it. "Please, fucking feed, Nadine," he begged. In his entire life, he had never begged anyone. This woman was bringing out a whole new experience for him.

Nadine leaned forward and ran her tongue over the sensitive spot under his ear. "I like hearing you beg," her husky voice whispered in his ear.

"Nadine," Dante growled a warning as his hands tightened on her hips.

Nadine chuckled before she bent down and sunk her fangs into his neck. Dante groaned loudly as she began to feed from him. "Fuck," Dante growled. He shut his eyes tightly as he relaxed, enjoying the sensation.

Nadine ran her tongue over the pinpricks in his neck, closing them before leaning back. His blood trickled out of the side of her mouth as she stared at him.

Dante leaned forward and licked the blood from the side of her mouth. "Fuck it," he growled as he gripped the back of her head and brought her lips to his.