30| Delilah

⚠️| smut warning

I meet him in the lobby, both of us silent and his face showing no emotion. My face, however, betrays me and my tinted cheeks won't untint themselves.

Even in the car, I stare at my fiddling fingers just to avoid eye contact with Vante. Except for that one time I decided to glance over at him, only to find him looking over at me before we both look away. This goes on the entire ride until finally Peter pulls up in front of the building.

Though, we're both still silent.

I rush out of the car to head fo the trunk. Hoping to get out f the tension but, behind the car I see Vante. Seemingly on the same mission as me.

His eyes widen at the sight of me and I mirror his expression before we give each other a small smile and reach to open the trunk. Our fingers brush against each other and I pull away. Turning to look at the people around us instead and greeting whoever looks in my direction like a crazy person.

Vante opens up the trunk and we both scramble to get our bags. I try to run past him but he tries to make way for me only to be in the same direction as me. I give him a nod and try again only to be unintentionally stopped by him once again. I then end up trying again and again before having to twirl my body in such an embarrassingly awkward way to get past him and dart for the lobby doors.

I rush for the elevator, clutching my bag close to my chest as I stand and wait for it to arrive. My foot taps impatiently but stops when Vante joins me at my side, raking his fingers through his dark hair.

I hear the ding and enter as quickly as I can and press the button, forgetting to close the door until Vante clears his throat and I hum in confusion.

"The, uh, the doors, Delilah," he mutters fast.

"Oh, right," I mumble and press the button.

We get to his floor and walk towards the entrance before we both freeze. It's like the realisation and the reality of the situation guards our path.

Both breathing heavily, we stay silent, facing forward and the view distracts me for a split second but Vante clears his throat.

I clear mine too, still clutching onto my bag for dear life before this man destroys me, possibly. Hopefully.

Well, before he does, I decide it's probably better to be calm in approaching the whole situation at hand. So I try to strike up a simple conversation.

"So, uh, you wann—" fuck the conversation because Vante's dropped his bags and is now kissing me roughly, with passion as he  cups my face with his hand. I drop my bags too, in more surprise than pleasure, but my eyes flutter shut and I kiss him back, parting my lips to allow him room to explore my mouth, which he did just a few hours ago.

He shrugs his coat off and I do the same while starting to kick off my shoes. He turns us around and walks forward, causing me to go backwards as he guides us both to his part of the house.

I'm walking on my toes with my arms around his neck as I feel him taking off his jacket and then starting to unbutton his waistcoat. I decide to help him, repeating my actions as I did earlier. Only this time, as I finish unbuttoning his shirt, he runs his hands down my body, behind my thighs and bends down slightly to pick me up. His hands squeeze my thighs with the same amount of desperation he channels into the kiss and my mind starts to feel blurred, all thoughts running off the tracks as we finally enter the room.