15| Vante

Jesus fucking Christ! Fucking Jameson!

"I'm gonna kill that bastard when I find him," I say under my breath as I march down the hospital hallway.

Henry Jameson, one of my closest enemies, just dared to kidnap Delilah. He dared to even try and touch her and corrupt her with his twisted ways! I will kill him when I see him again. That is a promise. Nobody else would have the balls to touch something of mine, so now all I have to do is get rid of him.

When I see Delilah's figure at the reception desk a wave of relief washes over me. He didn't get her, she managed to escape.

I slow my pace as I near her. The last time I saw her she called me heartless...

I guess it would be better to approach her with caution this time since it's still early and—

"Ethel, I think I was being followed this morning!" She yells.

She looks uncomfortable just talking about it and I can understand. The first time I knew I was being followed was weird and I thought I was just being paranoid, but it happened a bunch more times. I've gotten used to it and now I'm prepared because I've learnt how to fight and I've got my body guards.

"Yeah, I'm probably just making stuff up and-"

"What?" I ask, scoffing at the ridiculousness. "Delilah, you were being followed this morning," I take a step towards her.

She stays in her spot, looking at me as if I'm a ghost.

"Now, Delilah, I need you to tell me what the guy looked like, okay?" I say slowly but sternly. She's still frozen but blinks a few times and recomposes herself.

"I'm sorry, Mr Riccardo, but I don't think that's any of your business," She shakes her head, but doesn't break the eye contact. "Like I already said to you this morning, Mr Riccardo, you-"

"Delilah, I need you to just tell me what they looked like so I can track them down," I explain, cutting her off.

Delilah stays silent, looking at me with an expression I can't place. She opens her mouth to speak but shuts it and shakes her head again, and I know she's battling herself right now.

"Look, Mr Riccardo, I appreciate your concern but," She pauses as she takes a clipboard from the desk. "I'll be able to take care of myself if I'm being followed. I could just call the police or something so there's no need for you to worry about me,"

Delilah turns and walks off in the other direction. I move to stand in front of her, blocking her path and she jumps back a little but stands straight quickly.

"And what are the police gonna do, huh?" I ask rhetorically. "They won't be able to do anything because the person following you basically owns all the police in this country. And he's following you because of me,"

She puts her hands on her hips and scoffs. "Yes, and that is exactly why I am openly trying to avoid you, but you don't seem to be able to take hint or-"

I stop listening to her ranting when I see a guy down the hallway wearing ragged clothes. He lifts his arm up and points something towards us. I look him in the eye and he knows I know. I slowly lift my arms to get ready to take Delilah and when I see him about to pull the trigger I take Delilah by the shoulders and move her behind me.

He fires the gun and the shot echoes through the halls, causing everyone around to duck and scream in panic.

I feel an impact in my left arm and grit my teeth to stop the scream. I let go of Delilah and clutch my arm. I feel the warm blood dripping from the wound down my arm until it finds its escape and lands on the white floor.