24|Delilah

Groggily, I turn in my bed. Another morning, another day...

I let out a sigh as my eyes land on the clock next to my bed. The time is 7:16 and it takes a few seconds for my mind to register that I'm gonna be late for work. Once I realise, I sit up straight but, just at that moment, another realisation kicks in.

It's Saturday. I only have to be at work by 8am.

A wave of relief washes over me as I lay back down and get cozy- wait.

"This isn't my...room..." I muse as my eyes trail over the various ornaments and furniture that greet me from all sides of the room.

Narrowing my eyes in confusion, I remove the blankets and put my feet down, feeling a soft fabric touch my toes. A pair of purple slippers.

"Bunnies?" I mumble to myself.

I sigh and stand up, realising I'm in a different set of pajamas— long pants with a fitted long sleeve shirt. The pants are grey, and the shirt is purple like the slippers.

The room is quite big, actually. Bigger than my old room by far, but the decor is a little dull.

I exit the room, greeted with a hallway, screaming in silence. "Mr Riccardo..." I playfully call in a low sing-song tone.

I laugh when there's no reply and step into the hallway, trailing my fingers along the walls as I walk. "Mr Riccardo, where are youuu?"

I continue to joke around, enjoying my own company. Something I haven't been able to have in a while. With all the chaos, the commotion and the contract. Not to mention the billionaire I now live with.

"Where's the morning traffic?" I ask to myself. "The world must've finally ended," I conclude with a chuckle.

Laughing, I close my eyes and enjoy the peaceful walk down the never ending hallway. Musing and laughing, I feel the hallway come to an end and I know to turn the corner.

"You called?" His voice says and it makes my eyes shoot open, my body jumping back slightly.

"N-no..." I reply timidly.

"And quite differently, at that. Who were you talking to?" He asks before taking a sip of his coffee, though not breaking the eye contact.

"Myself," I state simply and stay silent as I frown at him, but my eyes travel over him. His hair is slightly messy and he's leaning against the kitchen counter, holding a newspaper and reading it while he sips his coffee some more.

And did I mention that he's shirtless! His tan and defined muscles are almost to die for. Broad shoulders, veins, biceps...

I'm almost drooling when I look back up to be greeted with his eyes once more. They seem slightly amused but mine are wider, knowing he's caught me drooling over him.

I freeze, trying to break the eye contact but it's as if his eyes are grabbing me by the shoulders, forcing me to look even closer until our lips are inches away from-

"Delilah? Did you see a ghost or something?" He asks with a raised brow.

"Shit- uhh, n-no. I-it's just that- I, uhh," I make the decision to cover my eyes. Knowing I'll be safer and my words will return to me.

"Y-you're wearing the newspaper!" I blurt out. Well, the words sure came back, but not all in one piece.

I hear him scoff. "I'm not wearing anything-"

"E-exactly! I shouldn't be seeing you in this- this state!" I continue. "I-it's not appropriate and- wait, I should get ready for work—"

I'm cut off by his hand on my arm. His other hand holds onto my other arm and he slowly pulls them down, gentle and silently. And this time, it's not his eyes that scare me, it's the silence that surrounds him.