32| Delilah

I didn't get to tell him.

It's not my fault the salesperson was really determined to sell practically the whole store to Vante. I hardly got a word in until Vante literally told him to shut up.

I felt bad but made my decisions on what to buy, opting for as neutral of colours that they had.

Thankfully, everything I chose was in pastel and I preferred it that way so they aren't too harsh on the baby's eyes.

It's been ten minutes already and my stomach has not been feeling well. It feels like it's turning and drooping in my body. I've been trying to hold back the lump in my throat, but it continues to jump back up.

I gulp for a final time, but the lump jumps even higher this time, coming out as a hiccup in my throat. The salesmen stops dead in his tracks, looking at me with surprise and Vante turns to me with a blank face, but I can see him hiding his smile.

"Where could I find the bathroom...Keith?" I pause to look at his name tag.

He points towards the cashier desk and I see the sign for the bathroom.

"Thanks," I smile at him before turning to Vante. "I won't be long,"

He takes a step towards me. "Are you feeling—"

"I'm good," I hold up my hands to stop him from getting closer. "It's just the bathroom, I'll be back in like 3 minutes, okay?"

Vante sighs in defeat, pouting like a puppy to guilt trip me.

I smile at him, running to the bathroom and locking the first stall I get in.

I hang my bag on the door and roll up my sleeves, tying my hair back when I'm done. This time when the lump comes into my throat, I dont gulp it back and the acidic taste hits my tongue as my lunch returns to the surface.

The colour and smell are revolting and it makes me gag again, allowing for the next load to come out.

That was my breakfast.

I cough a few times, letting the last of the vomit come out and grabbing toilet paper to wipe my mouth. I sigh and finish up, exiting the stall to go wash my hands.

I reach into my bag for my bubblegum, reminding myself to brush my teeth again when I get back to the hospital.

Before I leave, my reflection in the mirror shocks me. My cheeks are puffed up and my breasts look a size bigger than yesterday. 

My hair is still tied back messily so on my way out, I fix it and go back to Vante, greeting him with a smile, one filled with so much guilt that no one would actually notice because it's hurting my cheeks to smile so much.

"Are we gonna leave soon?" I ask before Vante can say anything. "I can't be late for work. Again,"

Vante smiles and walks over to me, stretching out an arm to take me by the waist and guide us towards the door.

"You'll deliver everything tomorrow at noon," he finishes over his shoulder and we exit the shop.

I smile and shake my head. "You didn't have to get all of those things, you know,"

"Of course I did," Vante feigns shock in his tone. "Otherwise the baby would sleep between us, keeping me away from you, amore,"

I roll my eyes and he opens the car door for me to climb in.

"I have no words for you, Vante Riccardo," I conclude and get in.

We spoke for the rest of the car ride, a much better feeling than silence. And when we got to the hospital, Vante and Peter came with, greeting me in the elevator when I got out on my floor.