042

107 AC
Step Stones

The Targaryen knights who were sent to retrieve Princess Valera, quickly departed back to Kings Landing upon realizing the Princess was not, in fact, with her husband.

When Prince Daemon learned of Valeras disappearance, he tackled the knight who delivered the news, to the ground, before throwing one lasting blow that sent the young man into darkness. Afterwards, the Prince stormed off, intent on retrieving his beloved.

"What good could you do? She could be anywhere in the world and you are needed here!" Corlys Valeryon attempted to reason with the Prince as he packed a small sack of items, "the King undoubtedly has the entirety of the kingdoms being searched."

"I believe I know exactly where she is." Daemon responded shortly, his words coming off as cold and sharp as the iron that coated his body.

Lord Corlys continued to try and convince Prince Daemon to stay at front lines of the war but he was only ignored by the Prince as he readied Caraxes for another flight. Soon, the heavier set man was watching Prince Daemon climb on to his dragon and take to the sky. As the Prince an Caraxes disappeared into the clouds, a sinking pit formed in Lord Corlys gut.

107 AC
Dorne

Valera, Qoren and Arianna lounged in the thick lush grass that only grew next to the large ponds. It was cloudless this day; a rarity since the arrival of Valera Targaryen, and the royals did not intend to waist a drop of the golden sunlight.

Qoren brought a couple of the new scrolls and books that originated from Asshai and read them aloud to the girls as they picked berries for the nearby bushes and waded in the shallow water.

A sennight prior, Valera and Arianna shared with Qoren, their favorite past time, and to the Princesses surprise, Prince Qoren was very well versed in the different magics that the world had to offer.

The Prince practiced many of them throughout his life time. Qoren explained to Valera and his sister that the Maester who tutored him as a child had specialized in the mysteries and magic's of the world and had three Valryian steel links on his chain. The old man would share some of his stories with the young Prince from time to time, sparking his infatuation with the stranger things in the world.

As Qoren grew older, he secretly paid the maester to teach him of the things he learned in Old Town and eventually, Prince Qoren was able to find information of his own through traveling, the trading of secrets, and buying information, especially in Essos where magic is spoken of and practiced by over half of the population.

"Did you ever wonder why I gifted you that necklace?" Prince Qoren asked Valera. The Princess figured it was just a beautiful peice of jewelry with an intriguing back story, but in fact, it was much more than that.

Prince Qoren explained that the necklace had a deeper backstory than he had originally explained. He retold the story of Valeras birth, only it was a prophecy Qoren had heard from a red witch of Asshai.

Admits a war between gods
As a stampede of hell hounds cry in the sky
When ball fire falls
A babe will be born from the Gods lost magic
As will the greatest source of power the world has ever seen

Prince Qoren highlighted that there was a mysterious falling ball of flame during Valeras birth. At the same time, hundreds of miles away, a smoking boulder was found off the Coast of Pentos and was mined into the necklace that he gifted her.