010

105 AC

A sennight had passed since King Viserys had gone to Dragon Stone to retrieve his daughter. He was successful, but not in the way he had hoped.

Viserys felt powerless against his child, something he had always hated. Even as the King, he did not have control over his daughter. She was special, and that was something the King had known for a long time.

It did not take long for the King to fall to his daughters influence. He knew that refusing his daughter would only cause problems. Viserys also feared that if he forced his daughter to marry someone she did not wish to, she would feed them to Silverwing like she once promised when younger.

The Princess had heard about one of her great aunts who fed her unwanted husband to her dragon and she believed it to be the best story she learned.

Valera and Daemon walked through the gates of the Red Keep, smiling. The two held each other hand-in-hand, earning themselves a few odd looks as they paraded through court.

Valera ignored the judgmental looks from the people at court. She knew that most of them had not been blessed to know such a love that she does with Daemon, so why should they understand it. On the other hand, what did they matter; she was the Kings daughter.

Daemon, on the other hand, stared daggers at anyone who dared to look unfavorably for to long at the couple.

The couple had waited on Dragon Stone until they received the raven carrying the official paperwork that stated Daemons marriage to Rhae Royce was annulled. Only then did they begin to ready themselves to return to Kings Landing.

Valera was happy to be able to come back to Kings Landing so soon, she had missed her sister and mother dearly. Valera was also proud of herself for being able to convince her father in so little time.

Daemon and Valera first stopped up at the birthing chambers where Queen Aemma had been staying for the bulk of her days. The Queen was heavily pregnant and was expected to give birth by the months end, something the King had been planning for weeks now. Even before Valera ran off to Dragon Stone, the King had sent out ravens to all the noble houses in the Seven Kingdoms and further, announcing the fortnight long celebration that would be held in honor of his new babe.

"Your sister declares that the babe is a girl," the Queen laughed to her daughter, hand rubbing her swollen belly, "she wants to name her Visenya."

"Really?" Valera smiled, placing her hand on her mothers stomach, "I've always loved that name, though father is sure it is to be a boy."

"He believed you would all be boys," Aemma joked. The Queen took her daughters hand in hers and looked between the Prince and Princess, "you will lay in this bed soon enough," her tone was soft and tired. The mother gave her daughter a soft smile and squeezed her hand tightly.

Valera kissed her moms hands that were entangled in hers and Daemon rubbed Valeras back soothingly. He knew that his Princess was nervous about the child bed, even if she spoke otherwise. Valera put on a brave face for her uncle, not wanting him to think she feared baring his children but the Prince saw directly through his niece.

Her fear did not bother him, for he understood it. Daemon had watched his good-sister suffer constantly throughout the years due to the horrors of pregnancy.