022

105 AC

Prince Daemon marched up the creaking wooden steps of his best ship, or rather the Valeryons best ship. A scroll of parchment was tightly grasped in his hands and a dark look was plastered across his face.

Corlys Valeryon sailed for DragonStone a sennight before the Targaryen set sail and petitioned Daemon to help him in the steps stones, against the Triarchy.

The two struck a deal, Corlys would lend him his fastest vessel and once the Prince returned from his voyage, he would help the man defeat the Crab Feeder, Caraxes also being apart of the deal.

The Prince would've fought the Triarchy with or without the ship, just to spite his brother but he knew he could strike a better deal. One that would benefit him even more than the original.

"My Prince," the captain of the ship greeted Daemon as he appeared from below deck, "we are only a few leagues from our port."

Daemon half ignored the man and continued to walk to the stern of the ship, "dock the boat," the Prince commanded to the captain who was following behind him.

The older man didn't question the Targaryens orders and started to order his crew around. The ship stopped at the nearest beach and Daemon rowed himself ashore. There, Caraxes met him, singing to his rider as he flocked down to the beach.

The Blood Wyrm had been following his mount during his travels, taking off every once in awhile before returning half a day later to circle around the ship and check on Daemon. The Dragon took great pleasure in diving down into the water and catching the larger prey he would spot before throwing it back up into the air and the burning it and finally catching it to feast.

As Daemon came to where his Dragon rest on the sand, he lay a hand upon the side of his face before mounting him and taking up to the sky.

————————

A full moon had passed since Princess Arianna confronted the Targaryen Princess about her 'condition'. The month passed without Valeras blood coming, only confirming suspicions. With the passing days, the Princess's breasts began to swell and also became quite tender. Nausea also plagued the girl day and night, ginger tea no longer any help.

Prince Qoren and King Castos had begun to grow suspicious at the odd behaviors that the two teen girls were displaying as of recently. The two girls constantly whispered to each other and Princess Arianna had become most protective and defensive of their guest. When Qoren questioned his sister, prodding to see why Valera had been so distant lately, Arianna spat at him to mind his own business and that she would tell him when she was ready.

When the day came that Valera was ready to speak to Qoren, the Prince was not expecting the confession his lady wife to be, made.

"I had heard of the rumors," Qoren admitted softly to his betrothed after her confession. Tears were brimming the edges of Valeras eyes from the intense nervousness that seemed to swallow the girl whole.

The Princess had often struggled with anxiety, mostly in social situations but as of lately, she seemed to be anxious over everything.

Valera Targaryen was a completely different girl than she had been before.

The fire in her had dimmed.