013

105 AC

As the night turned, so did the mood of the feast. The musics tempo picked up and the tables began to be moved from the center of the floor so there would be more room for the attendees to dance.

As each house finished their meal, their Lord or Lady would come before us, usually with their heir as well. With them, they brought gifts for the new babe. The Lannister twins had gifted the King with a tiny helm that had a three headed dragon stamped into the side of it.

The King and Valera gave each other a look as the two presented the helm, wondering how this would be useful.

Many of the other houses brought clothes and blankets for the babe, as well as gems and jewels that a babe would have no use for. The Starks presented us with a bear rug, hunted themselves at fashioned specifically for the babes nursery.

The night had gone relatively well, by passing the glares being thrown between Daemon Targaryen and Qoren Martell.

It wasn't long after people began moving the tables that Daemon had cut Valera off from her never ending supply of wine. He told the girl that it would be shameful to get wasted at the first celebration of the fortnight long tournament, especially in front of all the high houses.

Valera pouted in return, shifting herself so she was turned away from her uncle.

From the crowd, Prince Qoren Martell watched Daemon take away Valeras chalice, replacing it with the clear glass of water that he had been drinking from. He saw as the Princess scowled at Daemon and turned her body so she was shunning him for cutting her liquor off.

Seeing this change in the Princesses attitude towards her uncle, Prince Qoren took this as his chance to go speak to the royal family.

Valeras eyes followed the man who was the perfect picture of Dornish beauty as he left his table and moved to the stairs before them. Before climbing the steps, Qoren bowed respectively, saying, "your grace."

A small smile creeped on to the Princesses lips as she watched the man, who was only two years older than her, climb the steps.

The Prince of Dorne, seeing Valeras eyes on him, winked at the girl, causing a blush to arise on to her cheeks.

No other man had been able to take Valeras mind off of her uncle until now. The girl believed she would only ever find Valyrian features to excite her, but seeing Qoren in front if her, she was entranced.

He was the complete opposite of what she was. Where she was almost as pale as parchment, he had been tanned from the hot Dornish sun. Valeras hair, almost a white silver, scarcely contrasted the jet black hair that framed Qorens face. The Princess was not the shortest for her age, but compared to Qoren she felt like a small bug.

Green crashed with Lilac, not going unnoticed by The Rouge Prince who continued to give a look of death to the Prince of Dorne.

"King Viserys," spoke Qoren as he finished his climb. The man's voice was deep and silky smooth which intrigued Princess Valera even more, "thank you for inviting me into your home, it is as beautiful as I was told."

Viserys held his chalice up in the air, cheering at the man's words and thanking him for making the journey to Kings Landing.

Once Qoren finished his formalities, he turned to the eldest Princess, "Princess Valera," he sighed, smiling with his teeth this time, "It is an honor and my pleasure to finally be able to meet you, your beauty is even more than was described."