025

105 AC

As Valeras eyes opened, her blurred gaze instantly rested upon the distinctive features of a silver haired man, instantly recognizing him as her uncle. A sense of relief washed over the girl at the sight of Daemon and a small smile tugged at the side of her lips. The muscles in her throat rubbed together like sandpaper as she tried to speak which caused her to cough, alerting Daemon to the now awake girl.

For the past two days Valera had been in a coma, induced by the nightshade. Since she was unable to ingest the medication while unconscious, the maesters had been administering the reversing agent by applying it directly in to the wound before stitching it.

Both healers admitted that they had never administered the cure for nightshade before, and that they were unsure how effective it would be without her ingesting it.

"W-water," Valera croaked out weakly. Her voice was hardly a whisper but Daemon knew exactly what she was needing. He poured a cup of water on the nearby table and carefully brought it to her lips. His other hand went behind her head to help lift and support her as she drank the cold liquid.

As the water slid down her throat she could've sworn it was the best thing to ever grace her lips. Her throat and mouth were drier than she believed possible and the water was like a euphoric substance that energized her as she drank it.

Once Valera had her fill, she pushed the glass back from her lips and began moving herself up in the bed. After setting down the cup, Daemon hastily pulled Valera into his arms, quickly placing a kiss against her forehead while pulling her into the hug.

"You're awake..." Daemons words fell from his lips in disbelief. A small part of the Prince was afraid that Valera would never wake up and that thought terrified him.

The Rouge Prince had spent the entirety of the last two days by Valeras side. He took his meals with her, slept on her day bed and even read to her as she lay unconscious. Daemon took it upon himself to change her bandages every few hours, insisting that no one else touch her besides himself and the senior maester.

Valera wrapped her arms loosely around Daemons neck and allowed him to pull her in to him. She was almost limp in his arms so he was gentle with her, thinking that if he moved her too fast he may break open her stitches.

"Please forgive me Valera," the man whispered into her ear, his breath warm against her cold skin. "For everything I've done to hurt you," as he continued to speak, his words becoming more desperate for the girl he loved, "I need you."

As Daemon finished speaking, the double doors to the girls chambers opened. Prince Qoren and Princess Arianna came walking in with the eldest maester following behind them. After the first interaction, Daemon hadn't allowed for the younger maester, Maester Joran to continue treating Valera.

"Prince Daemon!" The old man gasped as he realized that the Princess had awoken, "you were to alert me as soon as she came to."

The Targaryen Prince carefully brought his niece back down to lay on the bed and responded with a bite in his tone, "she does not need poked at as soon as she wake."

Valera smiled weakly at his lover as he made this remark but her attention was quickly turned toward the other side of her mattress where her best friend had launched herself.

At the sight of Valera being awake, Arianna screamed in delight and ran to met her, careful to not fall on to her as she leaped on to the bed.

"Oh V, I'm so happy you're awake," Arianna cooed, her hand coming up to brush her silver hair out of her face, "how are you feeling?"

Valera glanced at her lover briefly before speaking, "My baby," she asked, grabbing hold of her friends hands in her own. Her eyes were wide with hope and fear making her look like a child about to cry.

Arianna hesitated to respond to Valera, instead looking over to the balding man. Maester Alton cleared his throat and began to speak, "the fate of the child is unknown, Princess, only with time will we learn."

A quiet sob left Valeras mouth at the words and she turned herself away from Qoren, Arianna and the maester, reaching out for Daemon.

"This is all my fault," Valera whimpered as Daemons arms wrapped back around her small frame, "I'm so sorry Daemon."

The Targaryens held on to each other tightly and Daemon comfortingly shushed his niece as she began to cry, "you are not at fault," he reassured her, one of his hands finding itself into her silky hair.

Arianna watched her brother watch the Valera and Daemon, frowning at him. His face was flat and his eyes were fixated directly on the man who held his betrothed.

Qoren had only visited Valera once since she fell unconscious, he had otherwise been enjoying his time in the nearby town, visiting the brothel with someone of his best men. The only reason he had come today was because Arianna had insisted reminding him that Daemon would surely inform Valera of his absence during her greatest hours of need.

Arianna knew how her brother was and she did not agree but at the same time would refuse to inform their guest of his extracurricular activities. He was a man of great appetites and since he was unable to fulfill them with his betrothed, he would seek pleasure elsewhere.

The longest the Prince had gone since visiting the city was the two weeks before Daemon arrived, considering most of his time was spent caring for Valera when she was unwell.

On the other hand, Arianna had spent much of her time getting to know the Prince Daemon, knowing how much he had meant to her comatose friend. She would bring Daemon his meals as well as showing him some of her favorite books from their library.

"If I could just examine your wound-," Maester Alton began walking toward the Princess as he spoke but was quickly cut off by the harsh demands of Valera Targaryen.

"Everyone out!" She yelled, still clinging to Daemon. The Martells looked wearily between each other, speaking to each other.

The next time Valera spoke, her voice was much softer, "stay with me please," she whispered into the crook of Daemons neck.

"Always."

Authors Note

Lowkey dislike this chapter but I just wanted to wake her up

Any feedback is welcome and very much appreciated !!!