009

Hiiii, me again :)
I took some liberties when it comes to how long it takes to get to and from Dragon Stone from Kings Landing. Originally in the books, I believe it is about a week by ship but I'm changing that to about 10 hours for my own and the story's sake lol

105 AC

Two nights had passed before the King decided to head for Dragon Stone and retrieve his eldest daughter. Viserys arrived on the fishing docks on the island in the early morning hours, instructing the bulk of his Kings Guard to stay on the ship.

Viserys did not want to cause a panic by having a large group of knights trooping through the small fishing village on their way to the palace. He also did not wish to make his daughter feel threatened by their presence, hoping it would make her more willing to come back home.

The time Valera and Daemon spent together before the kings arrival, were spent in peace. Daemon doted on his niece, meeting her every need and constantly checked that she was warm and comfortable.

The two took most of their meals in Aegons Garden together, enjoying the unusually nice weather that the gods had blessed upon those on DragonStone. Most days the sky was drowned by clouds and it often stormed so the sunny days were appreciated by all of the islands residents, including the animals.

Many of the islanders believed that the bad weather is a result of the magic and dragon fire used to forge the twisting walls of DragonStone but that is just a wives tale.

Valera also took up much leisure time in the large library that sat mostly unused in the large twisting castle. The Princess found some of the Conqueror Queen, Visenya's, personal books.

Valera had heard that Queen Visenya experimented with magic. Dark magic. But she did not put much stock in those rumors until she came across the pages that detailed the magic Visenya seemed to be practicing.

From what the Princess could tell, the spells seemed to work as well, which only made the girl want to learn more about her ancestor.

The Prince Daemon told his niece to leave those books alone. Telling her they only held only poisonous thoughts.

Caraxes and Silverwing roamed free on the island, unlike in Kings Landing. The two were usually seen above the village and palace during daybreak and nightfall, playing and hunting together. The villagers did not mind the Dragons, in fact, they welcomed them and were infatuated with them.

The Prince and Princess were awoken just before the sun appeared above the water with the news that a ship flying Targaryen sails was approaching. Valera and Daemon quickly got up and readied themselves, holding each other in their arms for a few minutes before departing their chambers. The men of the City's Watch gathered in the common room, awaiting the arrival of the Princess and Prince, as well as his commands.

Every man in the room bowed as the Prince and Princess arrived together, hand in hand. Both of the Targaryens arrived in their matching armor, their silver hair braided to the side and swords readied at their sides. The sight of the two, hand in hand, was a magnificent sight, one that screamed for those to fear them.

Valera did not have faith in her father that her wishes were met, he was a stubborn and incompetent man under the control of Otto Hightower. As much as the girl loved him, she also resented him in many ways.