039

107 AC
Kings Landing

"What have you done?!" Otto Hightower snapped at his daughter as she entered his apartments in the Hands Towers.

"I have done nothing, father," Alicent smiled innocently at her father, hands held behind her emerald green dress. "It is better this way... necessary, I'd even say." The woman spoke with her chest out and a smug smirk upon her lips.

"Losing a child is never better..."

————————

107 AC
Dorne

"Valera wishes to come visit us!" Princess Arianna informed her brother excitedly. Skipping up to where Prince Qoren walked in the garden, Arianna interlinking her arm with his.

"She does?" The Princes voice rose in surprise with his words. 

"Yes! Her and Aerion would enjoy some time away from that horrid city," Princess Arianna laughed, earning a smile from Prince Qoren as well.

Arianna and Valera exchanged letters with each other often. They shared the happenings at their separate courts and recommended readings to each other. They girls often sent gifts to each other as well. Arianna often sent silks, perfumes and fruit seeds to Valera as well as toys and clothing for Aerion. Valera often sent Arianna various scrolls and books as well as jewelry from all over the known world.

On the other hand, Valera only replied to one of Qoren's many ravens.

"It will be wonderful to meet her son," Qoren told his sister, "will Daemon also be joining her?" The Prince inquired. Princess Arianna looked at her brother oddly, surprised he would ask such a thing as he knew the Rouge Prince was fighting in the Stepstones.

"Of course not," the girl shook her head lightly, "you know he is fighting the Triarchy."

"I am surprised he would allow her to visit," Qoren mocked.

"Valera does as she pleases, you know that."

———————

107 AC
Kings Landing

Hearing of Prince Aerions disappearance, King Viserys immediately locked down the Red Keep, ports, and city gates. Every person found in the palace was gathered including kitchen wenches, maidens, Septons and Septas, all guards and servants and anyone visiting for Prince Aegons name day celebration.

Valera instructed the gold cloaks to gather every man, woman, and child to the courtyard and for their homes to be searched. Every ship in port was searched, each bin, opened and every captain sharply questioned. Every nook and cranny of Kings Landing was searched in efforts to find Aerion Targaryen.

Valeras screams echoed through the halls of the red keep along with the sounds of shattering glass and thudding. As the minutes turned in to hours, and Aerion was not found, the Princess became more and more distraught. Valera ran through her apartments, tearing down every tapestry, shattering every piece of glass wear, tearing in to cushions with blades and throwing furniture around the room. Eventually the girl ended up in her missing child's bedroom, clutching on to the same blanket she had put him to sleep with and sobbing.

"My son," Valera cried as she rocked back and forth in the the dark room, "where have you gone," she begged to know into nothingness. The Princess was curled into a ball against the wall furthest from the windows. Valera felt a deep empty feeling in the middle of her chest, so intense she believed she may loose her control of her stomach.

Outside, the sky grew so dark not even the moon could be seen. The wind blew intensely and the sky grumbled with displeasure.

When the King came to his daughter half a day after Prince Aerions disappearance, Valeras mood only worsened. The King told his daughter that he has gotten no answers from those at court. Not one soul saw anything, as they were all in the dining hall to celebrate. As for the maidens and knights who were to watch over the child, they were still being sharply questioned but alsa, none of them yielded any answers.

"I will destroy who ever has taken my boy!" The Princess commanded, "I will dismember them starting teeth and nails and when they are on the edge of death I will bring them back just to watch them suffer all over again."

"We will find Aerion," King Viserys told his eldest child, embracing her shaking body. "He has to be in the city somewhere."

"I don't know what to do..." Valera choked out weakly, chest heaving in sync with her sobs. "I should have been there... I should have been with him... it's all my fault."

The King softly hushed his daughter, rocking her back and forth in hopes of soothing her, "you are not to blame, you couldn't have known this would happen."

"But I should have... I should have been with him... he's probably so scared..." Valeras words were mumbled with crying but the King perfectly understood what she was attempting to communicate.

"I know... I know..." the King said between cooing and hushing. Behind Visery and Valera, Maester Mellos entered the room, a cup of tea in hand, "drink this tea, my child," Viserys instructed Valera as the tea was brought forth, "it will ease you."