Chapter 13: Who I am

Kahina's POV:

The prick had made it easier than I thought it would be. I had planned to take care of the guards and put Leonardo to sleep too.

To my delight, Leonardo had texted me in the afternoon to inform me he wouldn't be there for my return as his father had a surprise for me. He also let me know that no bodyguards would be present, as they could irk me.

The message was a little perplexing since Leonardo and I hadn't texted since I left, but I guessed he wanted me and his father to reconcile fast.

I was happy the boy was out of the house, as I had felt a little queasy about torturing his father mere feets away from him. When I saw the message, the burden on my shoulders lifted.

Before ringing the door, I had made sure to thoroughly check that out, and it seemed Leonardo wasn't lying.

Men who think they are powerful really are the stupidest. To dismiss all your security and all the people that could help you when you're being confronted by someone you betrayed was the dumbest move ever.

But that is the truth about people who have been told they are powerful, important, and special from a young age; they never think anything or anyone can get them, especially not someone like me; their egos can't handle it.

I push his body slowly with my foot; he looks pathetic sprawled on the floor. The mighty Italian mob boss was outsmarted by a no-name woman—well, no-name as far as he knew.

I sighed heavily before dragging him to our bedroom to chain him up. How idiotic of him not to check what I had on me as I went through the door. If he had, he might have noticed the chains, the Rohypnol, the camera, the drawing equipment and the various torture tools.

I was disappointed. I thought he would be smarter, more alert, and that this could turn into a fight that would at least raise him a bit in my esteem, but he was just a dumb vermin.

I set up the camera in the back and adjusted it to capture the both of us, then got out my tools, a leather journal, and some different colored pencils.

Then I waited for him to wake up while playing Candy Crush.

The wait is always so boring, but the fear is so delectable.

When he started to come, he was disoriented and confused upon seeing me and the setup.

"What's happening, Kahina?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"What do you think is happening? This is our last moment as a couple—your execution. Well, your torture, then execution." I smiled at him brightly. "Since you said divorce wasn't an option, I found one option we would both be comfortable with."

"You can't kill me; I'm your husband!" He exclaimed.

"And what a shit husband you've been." I nearly spat the words out because I was so angry. I took a little breath before continuing. "What pains me the most about this little experiment is that my father was right. See, my dad always told me marriage wouldn't be for me; he said most men disappoint and betray when they take people for granted, like you did with me. He said I was like the Minokawa; I should and would do big things; men would dim my power because it threatened their own. He wanted me to never marry; rather, I could have a long-term partner or a rotation of partners. To an abandoned girl for whom true love and marriage seemed the sweetest of dreams, that was offensive." I twirled a hair strand. "If this marriage had simply failed, I would have just killed you. But for you to disrespect me like that, to treat me like an object you could do whatever you wanted with, that warrants a much bigger sentence."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I always knew you weren't who you said you were; I thought your secret would be some abusive family or some shit. But you're actually just a psycho murderer." He hissed at me.