7

Edited 07/12/2023

Monica

I groaned as I opened my eyes. There was this constant beating in my head. What the hell happened? The last thing I can remember is going to the bathroom and... Oh my god I've been kidnapped!

I got up and went to the window, it was huge. When I looked down, I saw men with weapons fighting each other, training? There was a large garden outside, it was very breathtaking.

I jumped and turned around when I heard the squeaking of the large door, in came a handsome man, he looked middle-aged, but he was handsome nevertheless. He had guards parading behind him. “Princess Monique, I can see that you're awake.” he acknowledged.

Princess Monique, is he talking to me? “Were you the one that brought me here?” I inquired.

“Yes, I was, I hope my guards didn't treat you poorly.” he said as he looked at me with an unreadable expression.

“What do you want with me?” I demanded.

“Well, you see princess Monique you just-” I interrupted him by saying “why do you keep calling me that, my name is Monica.”

The douche laughed “oh poor you princess, did no one tell you that you are a princess” he mocked, and I glared at him.

“What are you going on about?” I grilled.

“Well, you just happen to be related to both my enemies Monique, the lost princess of England and wife to the mafia king.” he revealed with an evil laugh.

“How do you know that I am the lost princess of England?” I interrogate Mr. Know it all.

“I have eyes everywhere princess, and in case you haven't noticed you are in a Palace.” he informed “and you know that Prince you met recently, yeah he's your twin brother.” he shared with a smirked.

“What, you're lying” I hissed.

“Am I, because right now he has teamed up with your husband to find you.” he smirked.

I stayed quiet, I won't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. However, my mind wondered. Do I really have a family and that too a royal one, and a twin brother wow. Shequille, huh maybe that's why the prince was staring at me weird.

“Princess Monique.” The douche called. Gosh his voice is so irritating. I looked up and saw that he had an angry expression on his face, it seemed he had been calling me for a while.

“It's Monica” I hissed. My name is so simple so why does he keep mispronouncing it?

“Watch the way you talk to me princess, I don't want to mess up that pretty face.” He glared and I rolled my eyes.

“Prince is going to find me and once he does you will regret ever taking me.” I spat with a devious chuckle, “Do you realize how foolish you are? If what you say about me being related to the royal family of England is true, then you will have an army hunting you down. Think about it king and queen of England and king of the mafia all coming for you.” I taunted. I could have sworn I saw fear flashed in his eyes, but it was gone as quickly as it came.

“This conversation is over.” He hissed and walked away.

I released a deep breath that I didn’t know I was holding. I lay in bed and cried. I want to go back home to my family. I caressed my tommy and continued crying. “Prince, I hope you find me soon.” I whispered as I closed my eyes feeling tired and emotionally drained.

I don't know how long I've been asleep for, but I was woken up by a maid telling me that I should take a bath and come down for breakfast. When I was going to the bathroom to take a bath the maid stopped me by saying “Your highness, the prince said that I should help you in the bath.”

“I can do that myself thank you very much.”

“But your highness-”

“I said I can do it myself!” I snapped and slammed the door shut. I took a long bath and when I was finished, I searched the closet for pants and blouse.

“There are no pants in here.” I informed the maid who was still in the room.

“It will be more acceptable if you wear a dress your highness.” She said with a bow.
“Acceptable” I scoffed “look here maid, I am pregnant and I would like for whatever I'm wearing to be comfortable, so if you would kindly go get me a jeans pants and a blouse I would really appreciate it!” I snapped. I'm not usually this unkind to people but these people are making me angry.

“OK your highness” she said and rushed out the door, minutes later she came back with what I had asked for. I got dressed and follow the maid downstairs into the dining room. The so-called prince was already seated at the table. He had a huge mischievous smile on his lips.

I took cautious steps towards him and sat down.

“Are you in a better mood now?” He asked, I glared at him but didn't answer his question.

“I except you to answer me when I'm speaking to you.” he shouted causing me to flinch, I tried so hard not to cry but these damn hormones “Stop crying” he commanded. I immediately stopped crying, but I was still sniffling.

“I’m fine.” I answered him.
“Good” he said, “Eat, after all you're eating for two.” he chuckled. He sounded like he was trying to be funny, but he was right, I was eating for two. I can't let my baby suffer. I started eating slowly.

After we finished eating the maids cleaned the table “Can I go now?” I asked.

“No, we have a lot to discuss” he said, and I nod, "Your husband have something I want and if he does not hand it over to me, I'll kill you.” I gulped.

“Would you really harm a pregnant woman?” I question fearful.
“Yes, I would.” he replied carelessly.

“What do you want from my husband?” I asked in a whisper, trying my best not to snapped at him.

“I want to be king of the mafias.” he blasted.

“How greedy are you, aren't you already king if this place, cause I for one know that we are not in Bora Bora anymore.” in a flash he was before me holding me by the hair. I screamed in pain and fear.

“I don't care, I want it all and what I want I get. I'll get rid of anyone who stands in my way.” he hissed; I have a feeling that he has already did what he said in the last sentence. He released my hair and shouted, “Guards take her back to her room.” he exclaimed. The guards dragged me up to the room and shoved me into it, the door slammed shut behind me.

I laid down in my bed and cried for my family; my husband, my son, and my brother-in-law, I miss them. “Prince please save me.”