4

Edited 04/12/2023

Monica

It was now the middle of the day and Prince and I decided to cuddle in bed and talk more about this mafia thing and why he didn't tell me about it. We were deep into our conversation when Zack came barging into our room. He couldn't climb up on the bed himself, so I gave Prince the puppy dog eyes to pick him up. Zack started jumping on the bed "Mommy, mommy, mommy guess what?" He asked.

"Baby, stop the jumping" I commanded "What's got you so excited?"

"Uncle Benny and I saw lots of colorful birds fly over the house, like whoosh" he said.

"Daddy were you and mommy cuddling?" he asked, his big innocent eyes looking at his father.

"Yes champ."

"Can I cuddle too?"

"Sure baby."

We all laid down and cuddled with each other. Everything was comfortable until I felt tiny hands pressing against my stomach. "Baby what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm trying to feel the baby mommy." he told.

"Baby you can't feel it, it's not grown yet."

"Can I name the baby?"

"Sure bud, what would you name it?" Prince asked.

"Chocolate!" He exclaimed which caused Prince and I to laugh.

"That's a long name bud, how about something else." Prince suggested.

"It's a girl, I just know it." I said.

"Princess!" Zack yelled in utter excitement.

"That's a good one bud." Prince praised with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah, I named the baby." Zack cheered. We all got back into our comfortable state. It was silent and peaceful I missed times like these. I don't have any family except for Prince, Zack, Ruben, and this baby growing inside me, so I don't want to lose any of them. Prince and I held hands over Zack's tiny body, he has fallen asleep.

"Prince" I called.

"Hmm" he answered with a hum.

"We're going to be okay, right?"

"Yes Angel, we're going to be fine."

"I can't lose any of you, I can't." I cried.

"You won't Angel, I'll make sure of it."

There was a knock at the door "boss" someone called their voice sounds like they are trying to be quiet.

"What?" Prince answered irritated.

"I need to show you something, it's very urgent." the man said.

"Go to my office I'll be there in a second." Prince commanded.

"Ah ok boss" the man said, I could hear his footsteps walking away. Prince got up off the bed and sighed. I watched as he put on a shirt and walked over to me. He kisses me on the forehead and said, "Get some rest okay, I'll be back as soon as I can."

I nodded my head and whispered "okay." Prince went out and close the door behind him. I snuggled closer to Zack and fell asleep.

Dream/memory

17-year-old Monica

I sat in the park and watched the children play; they are so innocent. It's a sad sight to see especially because I'm all alone in this world, I've got no friends and no family. This was the only place that makes me feel like I belong, and it is also the only place that makes me feel lonely. As I was about to get up and leave, I caught sight of the most handsome boy I've ever seen, he was with a cute little boy.