DOMESTIC BLISS

Lillith watched As Abel built a tower with his blocks, Thomas happily lay next to her, kicking his chubby legs on the blanket, they sat next to the small but adequate pool in Jax's backyard.

Lillith smiled reminiscently as she thought about the last two weeks. It had been an amazing time. She had become more content with the passing of each sunny Californian day, She had gotten to know Jax with an intimacy she never thought was possible. Lillith found him more complicated and good-natured than she first thought. In Ireland, Jax was demanding and controlled, Even when he shared her bed he was distant and shielded, never letting his guard down.

But now she found him to be a compulsively physical person. He would constantly touch her, small touches such as squeezing her hand as he passed her in the kitchen, playing idly with her fingers as they sat on the couch in the evenings as they talked. They were sweet kisses on the cheek or her forehand in abundance. All were considerate of the delicate and complicated relationship they found themselves in.  On the evenings when Jax would return with his club in toe, she would get an embrace from all of his brothers and a sweet greeting as they sat around the kitchen table engaging in talking business, Jax never ordered her out of the room. She would offer them beer and whiskey, and Jax would bring her down to sit in the chair next to him with a hand slung across her shoulders. Lillith discovered that this was the way of life in SAMCRO and with Jax.

And she loved it.  After a childhood that was deprived of any cuddling or prise, Jackson's casual affection made Lillith feel wanted. Her Fathers' weekly lunch dates and chats warmed her heart at the possibility she deserved this life. 

Lillith found Jax spent most of his time at the clubhouse, working in the Teller-Morrow garage for most of the day, his hours at the clubhouse working for the club seemed to span most of the evenings. He was a Workaholic, Jax was not one to sit idle for long and seemed to get restless very quickly, Jax had a passion for his club and his way of life.

 After the first few lonely days at his house looking after two small children with the help of Neeta, Lillith worried that she was being shut out of his life, left at home to look after the children and keep out of sight out of mind. But she couldnt of been more wrong. 

Jax sent a prospect to the house and ordered her to come to the clubhouse, She arrived to a packed room of drunken members and scarcely clad women that she seemed to amuse.  While they worked and laughed and generally ignored her, Lillith sat on a bar stool ordered a whisky, and swirled her body around to watch the room. Much to the annoyance of the croweaters. She wondered if Jax was playing mind games with her, ordering her to the clubhouse to sit by herself in a crowd of women who certainly didn't appreciate her presence. She was deep in thought about what his play was, thinking the worst that this was Jax's way of letting her know that he had all he needed at his clubhouse and that she was just a responsibility he couldnt shake. Quickly remembering who she used to be, a woman who navigated in a man's world, she squared her shoulders and tipped her chin to the blond croweater that snarled at her with every second that passed.

"What the fuck are you looking at slag." The crow eater barked at her. Lillith arched her brow in amusement, she might be a mother now, but being tough was part of her being. 

"You skank." Lillith barked back.  She noticed the blond's eyes dart to the closed door at the back of the room, as her demeanor puffed up with ego. Lilith's eyes went to the door that was now open, Her dark eyes met the blue of Jax's under the shadow of his black baseball cap that seemed to have become a permanent fixture on his head presumably to keep the California heat off his fair hair. Jax looked at her with a blissful smile as he walked towards her and curled an arm around her waist, kissing her on the forehead as he brought their bodies together in a sweet embrace, that screamed to the room that Lilith meant something, she was important. She gave a fleeting glance to the croweater whose face had paled.