THE LION'S DEN

Jax sat in the middle of the bustling market, lost in thought. He had just made the toughest decision of his life - letting his son go with a couple who could offer him a life that Jax never could. It was a painful realization that his own life was filled with nothing but misery, death, and destruction. As he sat there, he couldn't tell if he was grieving or if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Feeling numb, Jax stumbled into Mureen's, trying to hide his emotions. What kind of father lets his child go? The words caught in his throat as he leaned against the sink for support. He felt like his legs could give out at any moment. The shame was overwhelming, making it impossible for him to even look at his mother.

"You're scaring me, Jackson!" Gemma said with her hands firmly hips.

"I found Abel."

"He's there? well, we have to go get him!"

"I let him go, mom." Tears streamed down his cheeks as he uttered the words out loud.

"What? What are you talking about?

"Dad's manuscript. It wasn't about changing the club. It was about changing his legacy. I don't belong here Mom and neither does Abel."

"Where is my grandson?"

"He is with a father who didn't torture and murder a man yesterday." Gemma jumped her hands gripping his hoody anger on her face.

"I don't care...if you've killed a hundred men...He is your son!"

Lilith sat on the metal stairs of Maureen's flat, She was going to knock but stopped as she heard shouting, she recognized the voices to be Gemma and Jax. Her heart sank as she listened to Jax's confession that he let his son go.

"He's gone." Gemma slapped Jax hard across the face unable to contain her anger.

"And what are you gonna tell your other son... when he asks what happened to his big brother?"

Gemma took her eyes away from her son and moved around the room, she had let the secret out, Tara had warned her not to tell Jax about her pregnancy. "Tara's pregnant."

"How'd you know that?" Jax asked shocked.

"I knew it before she even told me she's two months along." 

Lilith stood from the steps as Kellen's car pulled up and He, Fiona, and Kerryanne got out.

"what's going on?" Lilith asked as she came down the steps to meet them. Kellen ignored her question and walked past her, Fiona doing the same as her face twisted in disgust as she looked at Lilith. Kerry Anne offered a timed smile and a wave, as Fiona tutted and dragged her daughter along and up the steps. Lilith figured that Fiona now knew she was Chib's daughter and by her reaction, she wasn't too happy about the news.

Jax didn't get a chance to process the news as a knock sounded on the door. Maureen came out of her bedroom to answer, Kerryanne, Kellen, and Fiona came in with panicked looks on their faces. 

"Clay called and said Kerryanne and Fiona were in danger and told us to meet here."

The rumble of the bike broke Jax out of his shocked and confused state. As Clay Bobby and Chibs pulled up. Everyone moved down the metal stairs to meet them. Lilith leaned up against the wall her arms folded over her chest, one foot flat on the brick. Clay lifted his chin up at her as Chibs gave her a quick hug before turning towards his daughter and his wife.

"Sean Casey's death tortured him for information. Had to be for Fiona's location. Clay said. Jax came out to see what the commotion was about as Fiona and Kerryanne threw themselves in Chibs's arms. Lilith looked at the floor, She couldnt watch the family and their show of emotion, as she knew she would be never part of it.