DISTRESS CALL

Tʀɪɢɢᴇʀ Dʀᴜɢs ᴜsᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Lᴏss.

Jax and the rest of Samcro waited in the waiting room of St Thomas Hospital for news on Lilith's condition

Jax and the rest of Samcro waited in the waiting room of St Thomas Hospital for news on Lilith's condition. Opie and Layla had come, the wedding reception forgotten. Jax sat on the plastic chair next to his mother, his jean-clad leg bouncing up and down with nerves, he wanted to go outside for a cigarette but he was scared of missing the doctor. Jax glanced at Chibs who sat quietly on the opposite side of him. his hand twisting a rosy bead. Jax never pegged Chibs as overly religious, but he felt like calling on some other being right now, he felt utterly hopeless. How could he get this close to Lilith, and then lose her again?

His mind went to her as she collapsed. He wondered if they had done the right thing by assuming she needed to be rescued, she looked devastated that he had killed Putlova, the way she wailed over his body like he was someone important to her. Maybe she took drugs of her own accord and the lifestyle she had been living with the Russians was what she had chosen. 

Jax thought about how she had changed, her red-rimmed eyes were sunken and her cheeks thin and pale. She had lost weight, her disheveled clothes hung on her tiny frame. He couldn't image the strong and fearless girl he had met in Ireland being so broken, he had so many unanswered questions.

Jax jumped up as the doctor walked through the double doors that they had rushed Lilith in hours before, his heart pounded in his chest as the Doctor approached the waiting patched members.

"Family of Lilith Frances?" the doctor called as he looked down at a file in his hand. 

"I'm her father" Chibs answered.

The doctor looked at him for a second before his eyes glanced around the room a judging look on his face, of course, the junkie belonged to the biker family, it made sense and with no further questions for proof that Chibs was family, the doctor sighed as he reopened the file in his hands and looked down at it.

"Maybe we should speak in private about your daughter's condition Mr Frances."

"It's Telford and we can talk right here, we're all family." Chibs barked not appreciating the doctor's snotty tone.

The doctor raised an eyebrow. "Your Daughter has been given medicine to reverse the effects of the overdose. Normally a patient can go home after this treatment is successful, however, we have had to sedate Lilith as her mental state is a concern."

"Mentel state? what do you mean?" Jax asked.

"Lilith recovered, but when she came around she attacked our team and tried to escape from the hospital. We had to sedate her to prevent her from causing harm to herself and others. We suggest that you arrange a rehab facility for your daughter that can deal with her grief, losing a child, and postnatal depression is a very real concern. Mr Telford, can I ask why she did not seek help after the birth of her child?"

"Birth of her child? Doctor, what the hell are you talking about?" Chibs asked confused.

"Lilith underwent a c-section around four months ago, although there is no record of the birth in US records at any hospital. I am assuming as she is not a citizen of this country that the birth took place in Ireland. Your daughter was very distressed about the loss of her child. I am also assuming that her drug problem started at around the same time as her track marks and condition suggest that she is not a long-time user."