IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

Ireland ~ 13 months earlier

Lillith's heart froze in its tracks as her eyes fell upon Jax and Abel, standing on the cold shadowy dock. She longed for her heart to simply cease its beating right then and there. With a heavy sigh, she reluctantly climbed into the backseat of Jimmy's car, stealing one final glance at Jax, a bittersweet smile dancing upon her lips. As Donney maneuvered the car away, plunging them into the embrace of the night, Lillith couldn't help but wonder what fate awaited her beyond the darkness.

Lilith was determined to shield Jax from any guilt over her actions to reclaim Abel, where he rightfully belonged. The kings had made it abundantly clear that she would face punishment for defying Kellan and threatening the priest with a gun. The IRA king's council had decided that her penalty for such a crime would be to confront Sean Casey and face the consequences for harming the soldier while trying to assist Jax. Lilith had known Sean since she was just 16 years old, and she was well aware of the older man's capabilities. The kings were also aware of this, understanding that she would never survive such an encounter. By making it appear as though Sean was the one delivering her punishment, the council absolved themselves of any responsibility, allowing them to maintain the facade of good Catholic men rather than ruthless murderers who killed in the name of God.

As soon as Lilith got the news that Jimmy had snatched Abel from his adoptive parents and murdered Sean, she knew trouble was brewing. She could already see the writing on the wall - the kings would never let Jimmy get away with this. They'd sacrifice Abel in a heartbeat if it meant getting their hands on Jimmy. It was sickening, but that's just how the council operated. They didn't care about an innocent baby's life, all they cared about was taking down Jimmy.

Lilith wasn't about to let that happen. She marched straight up to the kings and demanded a meeting. She laid it all out on the table - Jimmy had killed Sean and taken Abel, and she wasn't going to stand by and watch them sacrifice an innocent child. But of course, the kings weren't having any of it. They ordered her to gather a team and hunt Jimmy down, no matter the cost.

Lilith refused to bow down to their demands. She knew there had to be another way. But when she defied their wishes, she received a harsh reminder from Roake - a cold, hard smackdown that left her reeling. It was a stark reminder of who was really in charge. But Lilith wasn't one to back down so easily. She was determined to find a way to get Abel without sacrificing his innocent life.