CHAPTER 20

Revelations Part II

Avy's POV

I don't know exactly what to do next, but I know I have to do something before everything gets even worse. Wayne locked me up in this bedroom for days, and he didn't even let me go outside. He would just bring me food or something that I needed. But I couldn't let him kill Theo. I have to save him; however, I need to think about how to get out of this damn room without Wayne's knowledge. I couldn't call Theo to tell him everything he has to know, but unfortunately, Wayne confiscated my phone, so I won't call for help. This is making me insane! Urgh

It was late at night, and I lay down on my bed, trying to sleep. But my mind is still thinking about so many things. When I heard Wayne start to unlock the door, I turned my back on it and closed my eyes. I don't want to see his face. I hate to see it. I covered my body with a blanket when he approached me as he sat down on the bed. He touched my shoulder, but I quickly shook the hand that was holding it as I gave him a bad glare.

"You won't change your heart, won't you?" he asked, then sighed.

"Even though how many times you force me to choose you over your brother, I won't ever choose you. You lied to me, Wayne. And do you think you would make me believe with that? Do you think when I've got into an accident, having amnesia will last longer? For me, no. So just please, stay away from me. I can't love you just the way you love me, Wayne. You can't have me like you wanted to," I said emphatically as I stared at him with a furrowed face then lay down again.

"If I could only make him disappear so you could forget him," he said as he laughed sarcastically.
"It won't change anything. It'll just make you regret doing that," I reasoned with him. I was stunned when he put out a gun while staring at it.

"Do you see this? I'm going to use this on him when my personnel capture him and torture him until he becomes weaker. You don't want to see him lifeless on the ground, right?" he said as he gave me a wide smirk.

"Don't do it, Wayne," I said, almost begged, but I know it won't work.

"Take a rest for now, Avy. We're going somewhere tomorrow, and I'm sure it'll be a big day for you," he said before he left the room. I heard him lock the door after it. Why do I feel something is going to happen tomorrow? It makes me even more nervous right now.

The next morning, I woke up and saw a dress above the table. If I could only refuse him something that wouldn't make him kill Theo, I would. I take a bath, then I wear that dress. It was beautiful as I stared at the mirror, but I'm not happy. I felt a heavy feeling inside of me. The door suddenly opened, and Wayne opened it while staring at me. I saw him smile.

"Are you done? We have to go," he said as I hesitantly nodded. He grabbed my hand, and when I was trying to let go, he firmly held it, which made me hurt the way he held it. He waits for me to enter his car before he hops in. The whole trip was silent until we arrived at a restaurant.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, confused.

"You'll know later," he answered as he grinned. We entered that restaurant as he ordered food. I was silent and just roamed my eyes around it. A few minutes passed, and the food had arrived. But I'm wondering why he ordered wine as well. I stared at it for a while, hesitant to drink it.

"Here, Avy. Geonbae," he said with a smile as he lifted his glass of wine. I lifted my glass to him as well, but there was something telling me not to drink it. However, I didn't trust it, but I didn't follow that thing and hesitated to drink. At first, I didn't feel any sign that it was poisonous. I even enjoyed it, but soon I felt like I was going to fall over. I closed my eyes, but I still caught a glimpse of Wayne's wide grin, and then sleep engulfed me.