CHAPTER 17

It's Been 5 Years, My Queen

Theo's POV

It's been 5 years since I last saw her, and there's been no minute or hour when she didn't cross my mind. I was missing her every single day. I had to stay in Italy to save our company from bankruptcy. Even though I don't want to, I just can't. So I also have to bear the pain and longing for her for five years when I can't watch her even from a distance. I don't know if she's okay, if she ate at the right time, or if she and Terrence are still together. If only I had been able to refuse Dad's plea to save our company, I wish I could have done it so that I would not be separated from her. Because after our masquerade graduation ball, Dad picked me up early in the morning after that day.

And after five years of waiting to see her again, I was able to return. Apart from having a meeting with Wayne, I really wanted to since I found out from him that he had a newly hired secretary that I knew. I immediately got nervous because of that. I wished I had the wrong person in mind. So I didn't hesitate to go back because my nervousness kept bothering me. But before I could go back there, Dad hired my secretary, even though I wanted to hire someone to be my own secretary.

It was too late before I could tell him because he had already hired the girl I hated, the same girl who asked me to be his partner at the masquerade Valentine's Ball seven years ago. I want to say no, but I can't. That girl's dad is my dad's partner in one of his businesses, so I can't say no. I wouldn't want them to have an argument, so I just agreed. I made a deal with Bellatrix because there was really nothing I could do to refuse. She should act like my secretary, but she wasn't allowed to be clingy or sweet to me. I just hate it so much. I don't like flirting with others if it's not Avy, though.

It was early in the morning when we arrived at the airport right away. I really can't wait to see my queen. Our trip wasn't long, so somehow, we weren't that late. But as we entered the elevator, I saw her wearing a secretary's dress. My heart beat so fast when I saw her. I really want to hug her tightly and kiss her. It's like those five years are more than a decade for me. I pretended I didn't see him, but I knew she saw me. When there were more people inside, I heard him talking on the phone. I listened to it carefully, and I could not be mistaken that it was Wayne's voice. My fist clenched. She called him "Sir." So that means I suspected correctly that she is Wayne's secretary, my brother.

When the people left and we were the only ones left, Bellatrix suddenly grabbed my arm. This girl is also draining my patience. I have a suspicion that she herself proposed to be my secretary. I glared at her to remove her hand from my arm, but she didn't even move. When we got to Wayne's office, he immediately greeted me with a big smile and a hug, but I just let him. I know I have to stop myself from confronting him. Her beauty has only increased to this day, and I am still obsessed with her. Her eyes, her nose, her kissable lips that tempt me to kiss, and her hourglass body, I love everything about her so much.

"Oh, my bad. This is Avyanna, my personal secretary. You know each other if I'm not mistaken. She just started working here today. I'll take good care of him more than you do, bro. If she lets me," he said with a wide smile as he stared at her. I clenched my fist even more. I glared at him madly and at his arm around Avy. I was even more annoyed when Avy smiled back at him. Goddamn it. Stop me, please just stop me from attempting to punch my brother right now before I can't even control myself. I can't just keep quiet. I'm pissed off by the way he keeps flirting with Avy. I warned him about that a long time ago, but it's like he's just planning to do it, especially in front of me.

"Remove your arm around her, Wayne. I won't let our meeting begin without you removing it," I said emphatically, He just grinned at me, still not removing it.