CHAPTER 8

His Goodbye?

Theo's POV

Just a few days away, my group's basketball tournament is about to take place. It's just that I'm worried that the first person I want to see that day might not watch. In every game my friends and I play, she is the only one I really look forward to watching and supporting us. Especially for me. Will she come? Will she be there to watch?  I know Terrence is suspicious of what I said in the cafeteria. But hopefully, he won't go ahead with what he's planning. That wasn't bad but I knew for myself that he was ready to go after Avyanna. And it is not unlikely that the girl I love will fall in love with him.

While Shan and Terrence were at home, I heard Terrence tell our friends that he was going to find a way to make Avyanna fall in love with him. And that's what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid that will happen but I feel it. I feel like Avy will fall in love with him. He asked my friends for support. It's not that I don't want to support him since he's my best friend, but I just can't accept that my queen will be with him. In all the years I've loved Avyanna from afar, I still manage to protect her even if only in secret. I have a fear that she might not remember me anymore. I don't know if I should stop or just let myself get tired of loving her this way.

Am I really going to let her go to Terrence if I know for myself that I can make her mine? She's the only one who can make my mind and heart crazy. She never fails to do that. Every single day, my heart is always looking after her and wherever she goes. I don't know why my love for her has such an effect. It's like there's no end. She won't even remember me but I hope when the time comes, I can make her fall in love with me. And when I do that, I will make sure that I won't let her go no matter what.

In every smile she wears, in every moment I'm hoping that I could make her mine someday, and in every prayer I make so that my wish will come true. I ask for nothing more than for her to remember me and love me back. Even if it's not her mind but her heart. But right now, I know it's vague. It's vague because she's actually very close but difficult to reach. She is like a star that is beautiful to watch from afar, shining even though it is out of reach but one day, it will be reached. Maybe not this time, but I hope the day will come when I can see her not just from afar like I always do to her but up close. And I will do everything just so I won't lose her.

My heart is too eager to love her when I have the chance to be with her. If I could only turn back the time, I won't let her die that day our love is forbidden to have. But I promised till my last breath that I will find her no matter everywhere in our next lifetime. And this time, it finally happened but unfortunately, I couldn't just make it easier. I have to take it easy since she doesn't remember me but I know her heart will.

Avy's POV

Habang naglalakad kami sa hallway ni Majesty, may naririnig kami na kung anong magaganap nitong linggo. Everyone kept gossiping, mumbling and whispering close to someone they were talking to. Nakakunot ang noo namin habang naglalakad at nagulat ako n'ong biglang sumulpot si Iyah tsaka pumagitna sa amin ni Majesty at umakbay.

"Hey, what's up, girls? May ibabalita ako sa inyo. I'm sure you'll be thrilled about this," nakangiting aniya. Nagkatingnan kami saglit ni Majesty saka napatingin sa kanya.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Magkakaroon tayo ng camping trip malapit sa isang beach! Gosh! I'm so excited!" mahinang pagtili niya habang napatakip ang kamay niya sa kanyang bibig.

"So what? Anong gagawin natin do'n?" nakangising ani ko. Inaasar ko lang talaga siya kaya agad siyang napasimangot.

"Iniisip ko kung yayain ko kaya si Shan na magcamping date kami. What do you think?" nasobrahan yata ang tulog nito kaya masyadong excited.