CHAPTER 19

Revelations Part I

Avy's POV

I couldn't remember anything that happened. But there's one person whose head suddenly remembered, Wayne. I'm not sure who he is or what he is to me. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw someone holding my hand with both of his hands. His eyes were crying uncontrollably and I saw how exhausted he was. Is he Wayne? But why is he crying? My eyes landed on the other person standing not close to me and the girl he was with.

"W-Wayne," I uttered. Shocked were visible to their eyes. But when I stared at the man who was holding my hand, I saw pain and it was clearly there. I don't know why I suddenly felt pain as well. He didn't want to let go of my hand when the other man approached me. I stared at his eyes and I couldn't see any emotions. Isn't he worried about me? Is he really Wayne? Or should I have said another name?

But I can't remember anything because only that name is in my mind. The man named Wayne gently stroked my hair then smiled. He also kissed me on my forehead which immediately made me smile. But why does it seem like something is missing? Why instead of being happy, why does my heart feel pain?

"How's your feeling, love? Does anything hurt? Do you want to buy me something?" he asked meekly. I shook my head in response. The man holding my hand kissed the top of my hand and tried to smile. There was sadness and pain in the way he smiled. He stood up quietly and whispered something but there was no voice that I immediately read.

"I love you, my Queen," he mumbled in the air. He looked at me before leaving the room. My mind kept asking me who he is and why he mumbled those words but my heart wanted me to stop him from leaving. Wayne turned for a moment to where I was looking.

"Who came out of the room?" I asked him. He smiled at me and held my hand.

"He was just a friend of mine. Don't mind him, okay? The important thing is that you're awake and you're feeling fine no matter what," he answered which made me even more confused. His friend? But why do they look alike? Is he lying to me? Or is he keeping something from me? I just nodded even though I was still confused. I looked at the woman and she smiled at me. I frowned when her smile seemed to mean something.

"Who is she?" I pointed to the woman who had folded her arms and was looking at us.

"She's your sister, love," Wayne answered me.

"My sister? Are you sure of what you are saying?" I asked reassuringly. The woman came to me and smiled again.

"How are you feeling, my sister?" she asked and I didn't hear anything with concern. There's annoyance and anger there. I looked at Wayne again.

"Are you sure she's really my sister?" I asked him again.

"Of course, my sister. I don't know if you remember but don't try to remember that. As long as your fiancée and I are telling you the truth. Isn't that right, Wayne?" she said. Wayne nodded in agreement. But wait, Wayne is my fiancée?

"D-Did you just say my fiancée?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, my sister. No other than your soon-to-be-husband, Wayne Traivis Montecillo."

A few days after my accident, the doctor observed me for a few days until I was allowed to go home. After leaving the hospital, I felt like I was changing around. Wayne firmly holds my hand as he guides me to enter his car. While we were on the trip, he kept looking at me, but I just smiled while looking out the car window. The trip is not that long. His car stopped at a mansion. I was amazed at its size. He held my hand again, and we went inside. It's bigger than the outside. I don't know why we are here, but I didn't expect what he said next.